Friday, January 8, 2010

Flourished Madness

Today I was inspired by two challenges - the Midnight Madness Challenge (sketch) and the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (to use black, yellow and one other colour - in my case, green).

I started with a base of yellow bazzill and layered with black and some Kaisercraft Lilac Avenue DP.  The next panel is more black layered with Old Olive - that I pierced around the edge using the Victoria Border Pierceabilities (I don't know if it shows up very well on the photo).  The main panel has been stamped using Flourishes' Sweet Peas stamp in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with markers and a blender pen and cut out with Label 4 Nestabilities.  Around the embossed edge I drew a black line with a fine tipped marker and then popped the whole panel up on foam tape.  Finally I attached some gold cord as per the sketch and added the sentiment.  This sentiment is from the brand new JustRite set called Romantic Sentiments and was stamped in Old Olive and cut with Small Circle Nestabilities.

I've had these Sweet Peas since before Christmas and this is the first chance I've had to play with them!  I bought them through Stampers Dream and the customer service and shipping costs were fantastic!!!  As an Aussie, I will often look for places that have reasonable shipping costs and would highly recommend Stampers Dream to anyone, I was extremely impressed!!!

Stamps - Sweet Peas (Flourishes), Romantic Sentiments (JustRite)
Paper - Yellow and Black Bazzill, Old Olive, White, Kaisercraft Lilac Avenue DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Old Olive
Accessories - Markers, Blender Pen, Victoria Border Pierceabilities, Label 4 and Small Circle Nestabilities, Gold Cord, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, please stop by tomorrow for the first ODBD challenge of the year!!!!  Thanks for visiting!!!  :)

20 comments:

Carolyn said...

Your card is so beautiful. Reminds me of Easter. Makes me long for Spring. We have had sooo much ocld and snow here. I can't wait for Spring. Thank you for playing with us at the MMSC this week!

Carolyn
MMSC DT

A Consuming Passion said...

Such a beautiful card Kathy - love the colour combo with the addition of the gold cord.
Thanks for the tip regarding Stamper's Dream I'll look at them - it all helps!

Carol Hurlock said...

Kathy, you card is outstanding. The image is graceful and elegant and just perfect in yellow. Your coloring is amazing too!!! Thanks for giving the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge a whirl. Wishing you a Very Happy Creative New Year. See you next week!!!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Betty Wright said...

Kathy, this is so beautiful and elegantly done! I LOVE the design and your detailing! The framing of the labels shape is wonderful. I need to try that look! Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

June Houck said...

Lovely and elegant, just like all of your beautiful creations :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! Kathy I love the crisp and clean feeling of this, wonderful card.

Barbara Schram said...

VERY nice, Kathy! LOVE the colors and how you combined the two challenges! GREAT work!

Marisa said...

I love sweet peas and therefore have always loved this image. You have coloured it and framed it fabulously. The black just makes things pop. Lovely touch with the the gold twine and sentiment at the bottom.

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh la la! I love this, the Sweet Pea image is my fav of Flourishes! The fantastic green and yellow color combo is super pretty! Hugs,

Denise said...

Beautiful! I love how you embossed the bacground, and the way you used the cord.
Hugs,
Denise

Silke Ledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! You rocked the colors and the Sketch - Kathy!!!

Thank you for playing with us!!! Hugs ~S~

Denise Marzec said...

Love the elegant colors and that pretty gold cord....love me some cord. It's one of my favorite accents!

Grace said...

Beautifully done Kathy! I got this set before Christmas too and have yet to ink it up!!! You have inspired me to do so soon!!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

The Pea looks sweet, like the outline nestie look to, nicely done!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh I so enjoy love seeing my dear friends take on the MM sketch!! You are incredible!! I just love everything about it!! The gold cording,colors, coloring....You rock my friend!!

hugs,
Chris

See you for the challenge tomorrow!!

Unknown said...

Beautifully done! I love the colors your chose. Your coloring is perfect, and the gold metallic string is the perfect touch! Thanks ever so much for your kind remarks about my store and the customer service. You're such a dear! {Hugs!}

Priscilla said...

Happy Friday..well it is Friday night for me :) I am so happy you joined us this week. I love your card. The colors along with your image and take on the sketch are all blending nicely. It is a very warm card and you have a very clean style about your work. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Leigh said...

Kathy, love your card. Gorgeous stamp and colouring.

Lovely Linda said...

HI Kathy - great to see you play along with the MMSC this week! I love this image and have inked it up for the FFTC myself - not sure about it now! LOL! Love your card and the gorgeous elegant look you always have - great combo of challenges! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we love to see your work. We love to see you play along each week!
Linda MMSC Design Team

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Hi Kathy, so wonderful to see you playing with us again! Your cards always look elegant :) This week's card with the sweetpea flowers are very pretty! Thanks so much for joining us this week, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails