Wednesday, January 6, 2010

SCS262 Welcome Baby

I can't believe I actually managed to play this week's SCS Sketch Challenge so early!!!  YAY!!!  As soon as I saw that large panel to the side I thought of using this cute Noah's Ark that has just been released by Our Daily Bread Designs!

I started with a base of Old Olive and layered with white and some My Mind's Eye Whirlybird DP.  Across the bottom third I attached some May Arts Olive Satin Ribbon and then added a panel of white cut with the Label 1 Nestabilities and embossed using the Divine Swirl EF.  I stamped the Ark in Jet Black Stazon and coloured it with markers and a blender pen and then cut it out and popped it up on foam tape.  The sentiment is from the same Noah's Ark stamp set, stamped in Old Olive and cut out using Spellbinders' Fancy Tags set and also popped up on foam tape.  I finished off by adding a big bow to the side!!  :)

Stamps - Noah's Ark (ODBD)
Paper - Old Olive, White, My Mind's Eye Whirlybird DP
Ink - Jet Black Stazon, Old Olive
Accessories - Label 1 Nestabilities, Fancy Tags Shapeabilities, Divine Swirl EF, May Arts Olive Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, Markers, Blender Pen, Scissors, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!!  :)

19 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

That's such a great image Kathy love the olive ribbon too! I've just made a New Baby girl card for my neice in the UK.......10inches of snow on the ground there!!!!! yuk

Edna Morrisedie said...

The little ark looks great on the textured nestie shape... love the BG paper OF COURSE.. and you got to use your favourite ribbon, looks great my friend!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kathy - this is just adorable! I love the Ark Set and what a gorgeous baby card - very elegant! Love the Divine Swirls and the movement it gives - it would be my most used EF!!! I can just see that Ark sponged and distressed! LOL! Thanks for sharing Kathy!! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Jessie said...

Hi Kathy and Happy New Year! Your baby card is adorable and I love the cute Noah's ark image, it's just perfect for a baby card :)

Grace said...

OMGoodness Kathy!!! This is sooooo adorable!!! I love your color combo! That olive ribbon is so pretty!!! I love the fancy tag too!!! GREAT card!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Awww... Very cute. I like this two by two Noah scene (imagine that) its very unique!

June Houck said...

I love that image, but especially what YOU do with it. So cute!

Kelley said...

So cute, Kathy! I love these colors you chose!!!

bumblebee creations said...

this is totally adorable! I love the gorgeous colors with the white behind-gives it such a NEW feeling!

Danni said...

What a precious card!! Love it and your bow is fab!

Connie M. said...

This is just sooo adorable, Kathy! Fab coloring and LOVE that green ribbon!!

ChristineCreations said...

I just LOVE the touches of green Kathy! This is so cute!

Karen L said...

Wow really love this card Kathie. That ark is cute and I love the touch of the green ribbon. Happy New Year too.

Leigh said...

Oh Kathy, this card is absolutely gorgeous. Love the way you've used the nestie tag and your use of the embossing combined with the nestie label is fabulous. Beautiful colours.

Cindy Groh said...

Beautiful card. Love that stamp:)

Rosietoes said...

I'm playing catch up at the moment Kathy having been awol for a while. Love all the latest cards and this one is so sweet. Love your bows, they are perfect.
Hope you have a wonderful 2010 and look forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations.
Edna x

Diane Jaquay said...

I love this card, it is SO pretty! The Noah's Ark image is just perfect for a baby card!

Denise Marzec said...

Fannnnnnn-tabulous, girl! LOVE IT!

jjcreations said...

Wonderful card - I love the tag - very fancy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails