Sunday, January 31, 2010

FS156 A Bird Sings

Today is the Featured Stamper at SCS is Nichole aka Butterfly Ears!!!  Huge congrats to Nichole!!!  :)  I was able to play straight away today and as soon as I saw her Be_Stampin'B's Challenge #22 card I knew exactly what I wanted to do!!!  (Don't you LOVE it when that happens!!!)

I started with a base of dark green bazzill and layered with yellow and white.  Around the edge of the white I used the Victorian Pierceabilities to pierce a pattern and then attached some Olive Satin Ribbon across the middle.  I then stamped the Sparrow from the soon to be released He Watches Me set from Our Daily Bread Designs in Jet Black Stazon and coloured with markers and a blender pen.  Across the bottom of the image I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set and then cut it out with Label 1 Nestabilites and matted with a square pierce of dark green bazzill and popped up on foam tape.  To finish I added a bow (made using my Bow Easy and topped with a yellow button care of my friend Michelle) and then added Lemon Kaisercraft Pearls to the pierced border.

Stamps - He Watches Me (ODBD)
Paper - Dk Green, Yellow Bazzill, White
Ink - Jet Black Stazon
Accessories - Label 1 Nestabilities, Victorian Pierceabilities, 1" Olive Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, Lemon Tart Button, Gold Cord, Lemon Kaisercraft Pearls, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!!  :)

19 comments:

Jessie said...

I'm loving these bird stamps Kathy, another fab card!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Glad you got to play, nice job with your little pirate!! I especially like the piercing and the spiky flowers... nice to see that button in there too!!

PS I LOVE ROGER!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh how BEAUTIFUL!!

Lovely Linda said...

Kathy, this is beautiful! I love these new bird sets and you have used this one beautifully. your bow is perfect with the button and the pearls and piercing are divine! Thanks for sharing Kathy - it is a pleasure to come and see! {{{hugs}}}

Grace said...

Kathy this is just drop dead gorgeous!!! I love the rich colors you used and how you colored the bird... that that piercing... oh my! Gorgeous work gf!!!

America said...

ooooh what a fabulous card with that great piercing, such rich colors and what thaa yummy bow!!! Sooo Beautifully colored too!!:)
lovin it!!!! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Kathy, this is such a beautiful card! I love the soft yellow & hint of lavender in the thistle. That green satin bow looks gorgeous! :) TFS

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Kathy!!

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous, Kathy1 Beautiful colors and detailing! LOVE all that piercing, your rich satin bow, and the pearl accenting! Beautifully done!

A Consuming Passion said...

This is a beautiful card Cathy - love the colours that green ribbon is such a great shade. Good job with your colouring too!

Marisa said...

Love the piercing around the image with the half pearls and the bow is yummy! Great card.

Beth S said...

This card is so beautifully done. The colour combo and the colouring itself is just stunning.

Michelle Woerner said...

Hey Love! This is gorgeous! I can't believe you pierced all that - I would have gone MAD!! But worth it, this is lovely.

My tooth is so much better I can't tell you! Whew! CHA was a blast and one day I hope you can come. Now I am getting back in the swing of cards and stuff -LOL! Hugs,

Leigh said...

How beautiful!! Gorgeous colours and the pierced border is fabulous.

Jane Wetzel said...

Hi Kathy...this is lovely and that green ribbon is to die for! :)

Denise Marzec said...

GORGEOUS card. I have that pierceabilities template and I never thought to use it as a full border like that. GREAT idea!

Jean McKenzie said...

Oh this is beautiful Kathy!! Everything is just perfect. I love the image, the satin ribbon and bow, the piercing - ohh everything!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I left a comment for this stunning card at basecamp and SC but I had to tell you again how gorgeous this is!! I love your piercing and your choice of colors!! So rich!!
hugs,
Chris

Laurie in MN said...

I can't believe you spent so much time piercing the card. I hope you didn't have to start over at any point ofthe process. It really adds a delicate touch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails