Thursday, January 21, 2010

LIM/MIM For My Friend


Hi Everyone!!  I really liked this week's SCS Sketch challenge (which strangely enough resembles the Featured Stamper card I made?!) and after thinking about it for a while, I thought this would also be fabulous to use for the Dirty Dozen Less Is More/More Is More (LIM/MIM - only accessible to Fan Club Members) challenge too!!!  So I've combined these challenges to create two cards today!!!  :) 

I started with the LIM card, using this week's Sketch.  A base of Very Vanilla, layered with Close to Cocoa, Pale Pink Bazzill and more Vanilla.  The three vertical strips are more Cocoa embossed with the Jemara EF and then added some pink satin ribbon across the middle.  The feature panel has been stamped with Plant a Little Love (new release by JustRite Stampers), coloured with markers and then added the sentiment from Elegant Cheer (SU) and cut out with Label 6 Nestabilities and popped the panel up on foam tape.

My MIM card has the same Vanilla base, Cocoa and pink and then I embossed the next Vanilla layer with the Jemara EF.  Instead of rectangles I made the Cocoa strips using the Fancy Tags and attached the pink satin ribbon as above.  This time I stamped the roses from Plant a Little Love, coloured and cut them out with scissors and popped them up on the Label 6 die cut that has also been stamped with the same sentiment.  To finish I added a pink satin bow to the side and some Kaisercraft Blush Pearls to the tag panels.

Stamps - Plant a Little Love (JustRite), Elegant Cheer (SU)
Paper - Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa, Pale Pink Bazzill
Ink - Jet Black Stazon, Close to Cocoa
Accessories - Markers, Blender Pen, Label 6 Nestabilities, Fancy Tags, 1" and 1/2" pink satin ribbon, Bow Easy, Jemara EF, Kasiercraft Blush Pearls, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

19 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhhh, LIM/MIM challenges are my favorite. LOOOOVE both cards and the changes you made to the MIM card. Gorgeous!

Marisa said...

You are pushing me to want to get those label dies due to the fabulosu way you are using them on your cards, Kathy! That MIM card is gorgeous and the MIL card is beautifully done too.Great colour combo and colouring.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are both stunning Kathy!! I just love the flowers and the colors!! The second with the scrolls is my fave of the two but both are magnificent!!

hugs,
Chriss

Leigh said...

Oh Kathy, both are such beautiful cards. I love the way you use punches, embossing folders and nesties.

Silke Ledlow said...

Kathy - both cards are gorgeous!!! I love how you used the Spellbinder Dies on the second card....very cool!!! Hugs ~S~

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kathy - both of these cards are lovely - but you know me, I love the ones with the tags - they are fabuoous - I am going to have to invest in that set! Love the colours and the gorgeous flowers! Thanks for sharing - love it! {{{hugs}}}
PS - I am hoping your envelope has arrived by now!

Edna Morrisedie said...

You are getting serious playing the MIM challenge these days... I like how you switched the embossing to the back on the second card, looks great!

Liz Weber said...

Hi Kathy, just adore your cards here. Great work with those fancy tag spellbinders and I love how you work those gorgeous stamps and ribbons.

A Consuming Passion said...

Hi Kathy - both Stunning cards!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Kathy, girl, both of these cards are amazing!!! I so need that fancy tag die...it looks so good on that second card...{sigh} and the cloring in both of them is stunning!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

jjcreations said...

Wow, what a difference just a few adjustments make. Both of these are beautiful and I like each of them either for their simplicity or pizzazz. Cool challenge, I must give it a try sometime!!!

Debi said...

Kathy both cards are stunning!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh my word! How you've used the labels in the sketch is just outstanding Kathy! What beautiful cards!

Grace said...

Oh Kathy these are both so pretty! I love the first one but I have to say that those labels just really speak to me!!! What a great way to use them for the sketch!!! Love the color tones too... so soothing and just beautiful!!!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Kathy!

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of these cards are gorgeous! So very pretty & feminine. :) TFS

Patty M said...

What a soft pretty card. I have the garden stamps on my wish list...I think it just moved up a notch or two.

Deborah Saaranen said...

Soft, subtle, and totally beautiful Kathy! This is just simply pretty!

Stacy Morgan said...

Both versions are beautiful! I like the soft colors for both of them. Great job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails