Thursday, May 6, 2010

Every day holds...

Today I was inspired by this week's Card Patterns Sketch 62 and I thought it would be perfect for this new stamp from JustRite's Hope Set.  I decided to use soft, delicate colours and try my hand at a bit of vintage!  :)

I started with a base of Whirlpool Bazzill and layered with Very Vanilla (pierced) and some MME French Flea Market DSP.  In the middle I cut two scallop circles and offset them and pierced the scallops of the top circle.  Across the middle I attached a piece of ivory satin ribbon and some aqua grosgrain ribbon.  Next I took the border and centre from the JustRite April Release called Hope and stamped it twice in Versacolor Celadon and Close to Cocoa.  (I added some Clear Spica to the flowers in the border to give a little shimmer.)  One was cut with Square Nestabilities and matted with Scallop Square Nestabilites.  The other was cut with Circle Nestabilities and popped on top of the other and then the whole panel was popped up.  Next I made the three flowers using the Dahlia Nestabilities and Very Vanilla cardstock and also added a little Clear Spica to give some more shimmer.  To finish I used a Martha Stewart punch for the branches and the Doodle Parts Spellbinders for the flourishes under the flowers and some Kaisercraft Blush Pearls to the corners.

Stamps - Hope (JustRite)
Paper - Whirlpool Bazzill, Very Vanilla, MME French Flea Market DSP
Ink - Versacolor (Celadon), Close to Cocoa
Accessories - Large Circle, Large Scallop Circle, Large Square, Large Scallop Square, Dahlia Nestabilities, Doodle Parts Shapeabilities, Martha Stewart Branch Punch, Ivory Satin Ribbon, Aqua Grosgrain Ribbon, Clear Spica Pen, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Kaisercraft Blush Pearls, Foam Tape.

In less than 24hrs I fly off to Melbourne to attend the Copic Certification Class there!  I'm so excited about it and I'm sure I'll have a fantastic time!!!  No doubt I'll have photos when I get back and I'll let you know all about it next week!!  :)

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

21 comments:

Grace said...

OOOOH Kathy this is gorgeous gf!!!! You do vintage very well!!! I love your flowers!!! The color combo is so soft and pretty!!! Love it!

jhet said...

Kathy!! What a lovely card! Copic Certification Class?? Really??!! Wow! Keep us posted. Sammi is going there, too! You might bump on to each other. LOL!

Take care and have a blessed day!

Marisa said...

This is gorgeous, Kathy!! Love the colours you used and the flowers are fabulous. Have fun at the Copics course! I have never used one yet - gasp! - mainly due to the cost and the fear of loving them and wanting lots LOL! One day....in the meantime, enjoy for me, okay :D

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous card Kathy!!! The layout is perfect and I lvoe these flowers!!!

Have a fabulous time in Melbourne!!! Can't wait to see your coloring skills when you come back...no pressure...LOL!!! Hugs ~S~

Leigh said...

This is just beautiful Kathy. I love the paper, flowers and the stamps too. Hope you have a wonderful time in Melbourne and look forward to seeing the results when you come home.

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Kathy! Your card is AMAZING!! I love the softness & that sentiment that you showcased is beautiful! Love all the detail & textures! Now, I can wipe the drool up!

Jessie said...

Kathy I adore your card, you do vintage beautifully! Have fun in Melbourne and I can't wait to see your photos!

Sharon said...

Hi Kathy,

I love this card! The pattern paper is gorgeous and I like the offset scalloped cirlces. The sentiment is lovely and wonderful flowers too!

Have a safe trip to Melbourne, sounds like it will be fun! Can't wait to see your pics and here all about it!!

Sharon x

Denise Marzec said...

Holy smokes is this GORGEOUS! Love the flowers, the layout and the colors!

Velta said...

Oh My Word Kathy~What an eye opener this is. Love the colors...and that flower looks like you stepped outside and picked it just for this card...Just Elegant!!

jjcreations said...

WOW!!!!! This card is absolutely stunning!!!! Everything about it is so beautiful and elegant!

whoistracy said...

Kathy this is stunning! I love these soft colors. Such an elegant card.

Maggie said...

Absolutely beautiful! The soft colors, the flowers, such a vintage feel. TFS and have fun on your trip!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Goodness, Kathy, this is just too beautiful not to be framed!!! WOW, everything about this card is amazing!!! Have a great weekend. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

lizzaveta said...

Wow!!! What a gorgeous card!!! So beautiful!!!
Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns)

Kerrie said...

Kathy your card is gorgeous and hope you have as much fun at the copic certification course as I did....

A Consuming Passion said...

BEautiful card Kathy ......love your flowers too!
Enjoy your Copics Class, I'm sure you will ... I did... and it was fun to meet up with Edna.

dstandard said...

Stunning - what a gorgeous card! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Looks great, nice balance with the truck load of card you have on their, and I suppose I can admit that all the blue and girliness is fabbo :-) just this once!

Silli said...

Hello Kathy, your card is so elegant... I love the soft colors and the flowers... Fabulous!!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! Those soft colors and your flowers are breath taking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails