Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hope and a Future

Hello Everyone!  Today I'm playing in the Stamping In Time challenge at ODBD.  This week we have a challenge hostess who is none other than the lovely Silke Ledlow who has given us a sketch challenge!  You can find all the details on the ODBD BLOG!!

I started with a base of Old Olive and layered with some peach coloured bazzill and some of this beautiful Thrift Shop DSP that was given to me by the sweet Lori Craig!  The green top and bottom panels are from Fly A Kite (more goodies from Lori) and for the middle panel I've used some May Arts Olive ribbon.  Next I stamped the verse from For the Graduate in Memento Tuxedo Black and cut it with Classic Large Oval Nestabilities (which is then popped up on foam tape).  The frame was made using Label 10 nestabilities and oval nestabilities and I've toned down the white with a little Antique Linen ink.  These beautiful dogwood flowers are from ODBD's set Grow in Grace and have been stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (R20, R22, Y21, YR23, YG11, YG63, YG67) and then cut out and also popped up on foam tape.  To finish I coloured some white pearls with my R22 Copic Marker to match and added them to the top and bottom panels.

Have a look at all the beautiful projects waiting for you from the talented girls below...

Betty
Silke
Grace
Sabrina
Angie
Fran
Debi
Kathy
Randi
Lorelie
Connie

Stamps - For the Graduate, Grow in Grace (ODBD)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Old Olive, Peach Bazzill, October Afternoon Thrift Shop and Fly a Kite.
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Label 10 and Classic Oval Large Nestabilities, May Arts Olive Ribbon, Kaisercraft Snow Pearls, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

22 comments:

Liz Weber said...

Hi Kathy :-) thanks for your lovely comments on my cards - lol you are funny!

LOVE this card - you make that labels 10 look good - I can't get mine to look that good!

LOVE the gorgeous papers - I think I need that Thrift Shop pack!

I love how you describe how you put your card together!

Hope you and your family have a lovely weekend yay!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Kathy, you have created another masterpiece my friend!!! I love the way you have framed your scripture out and that DP and those flowers....gorgeous!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Betty Wright said...

Kathy, this is beautiful! I started to use that same dp...I just got some. Then, I decided to go manly! LOL! Beautiful frame design and cut work detailing with the flower! Wonderful scripture card!

Becky said...

This is stunning girl. Love dp and how you cut this out, very creative.

Francie G. said...

This is beautiful, Kathy! Love the way you did the framing leaving the space! Such a lovely effect and so creative! Those are some of my favorite flowers! Beautifully done!

Silke Ledlow said...

Kathy this card is SUPER GORGEOUS!!! Love this design...so soft and perfect!!! The details are fab!!! Hugs ~S~

Marisa said...

Love how you did the frame around the sentiment. Lovely card!

Unknown said...

Kathy, this is beautiful & lovely!! I love the frame and dogwood blossoms!!

Michelle Woerner said...

Beautiful job with this sketch. I love Thrift Shop too! I love those flowers you colored and cut out.

Oh and I have a Gossamer paper pack FOR YOU! I just have to get to the Post Office line!!

Big hugs, michelle

Lori Craig said...

oh. my. love that offset oval in the frame with the flowers. this is just beautiful. glad you are enjoying your paper. :) hugs!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Kathy! Love the way you showcased the sentiment & the paperpieced flowers are gorgeous!

Grace said...

Oh Kathy this is amazing! I love the framing and the dp... and the dogwoods are perfect with it! Just soooo pretty!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow!! How elegant is this Kathy!! Love how you used the spellbinders to create a frame. The flowers are a beautiful addition!! Awesome take on the sketch GF!!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

What a lovely card! Perfect colors and that dogwood stamp goes perfectly with the papers! So many nice touches!

Tina said...

What a beautiful card! I love how you used the Labels 10 nestie!

Karen W said...

Very pretty, I love how you did the ovals in the center, great idea!!

Rosietoes said...

This is beautiful Kathy. The DL size of card seems to be making a real comeback at the moment and you have used a great lo to enhance the shape.
I love the framing and the dogwoods. The colours are heartwarming and the verse is one of my all-time 'go-to's' if I'm feeling the need for encouragement!!
Edna x

Edna Morrisedie said...

Nice job with the sketch, and fab job with the flowers, all coloured up and cut out, way to go!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Kathy, I LOVE your take on the sketch!! Very cool and beautiful design!!! Hugs!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Wowwwwww! Beautiful papers, framing and I love the flowers placed in the corner.

Sharon said...

WOW Kathy!! This is gorgeous, I love the frame you've made.

Sharon x

Patty S said...

Such a beautiful card! I have always loved this scripture and what a way to encourage someone with the Lord's word. Have a wonderful day filled with God's blessings. Patty S

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails