Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sepia Congratulations

It's Sunday, so it's Featured Stamper Challenge time again!!  Today the honour goes to NCSUnikki - congratulations Nikki!!!  :)  This would have to be the fastest card I've made in a looooooong time - but I just loved Nikki's The Neutral Party card and just HAD to case it!!  :)

I started with a base of Very Vanilla, layered with Close to Cocoa and more Vanilla.  I stamped the sentiment from As You Graduate at the bottom and then embossed the panel with Nat EF.  I attached some May Arts ribbon around these panels.  I stamped the image from ODBD's As You Graduate in Memento Rich Cocoa onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured it with Copics (E00, E31, E33, E37, E37) and sponged the sky with a little Antique Linen.  I cut out the image and framed it with Cocoa cut with Label 8 Nestabilities and popped it up on some foam tape.  To finish I added some Kaisercraft Latte Pearls to the biggest butterfly and a big bow to the ribbon.

Stamps - As You Graduate (ODBD) 
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa 
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa 
Accessories - Copics, Label 8 Nestabilities, Nat EF, May Arts Satin Ribbon, Foam Tape.   

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :) 

17 comments:

Kerrie said...

Great card, and you have mastered those copics so so well.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Looks great Kathy the EB lends itself well to the pathway, and of course I love the neutrals!

Marisa said...

Love the colours you used for this and the addition of the butterflies, not to mention that gorgeous bow! Great card :D

Karen L said...

Kathy, I just love the card in your last post. The verse on that card holds a very special meaning to me. It kind of held me all together last year when life was tough. I love what you have done with it in the form of this card. Just gorgeous. Your work is always beautiful and truely inspiring.

Denise Marzec said...

WOWWWW, Kathy! STUNNING design!

Jessie said...

Oh wow Kathy, what a work of art you have created! It's just stunning! I think this is my new favourite of yours :)

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors and the scene!

Judi said...

Great card, love the colours and the image.

Judi xx

Leigh said...

Love the colours Kathy. Beautiful card.

Mona Pendleton said...

Kathy this card is stunning! I love the Sepia tones & that golden/bronze bow is so rich elegant looking!

Silli said...

Oh Kathy, your card is beautiful, love the colors... So elegance!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! Love the warm and rich colors.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how pretty Kathy!! Love the warm sepia tones and the embossing!! perfect for this stamp.
hugs,
Chris

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Kathy! Love the sepia tones and wonderful framing.

America said...

gorgeous....gorgeous....gorgeous....gorgeous....gorgeous....gorgeous....gorgeous....gorgeous.... did I get my point of view across yet? lol!

Lavender Rose said...

Your card is just stunning, love the sepia!

nwilliams6 said...

Kathy - this is totally beautiful. Wow! Reminds me of a poem. What a great case/creation. I shouldn't have stayed away from your gallery so long -I can see I have missed tons of inspiration.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails