Sunday, May 30, 2010

QFTD11 He Delivered Me

Today I got to play this week's Queen for the Day challenge over at SCS.  This week the honour goes to my friend and ODBD sister, Grace!!!!  Congratulations Grace, I'm just thrilled for you!!!  :)  I have always ADORED her Do Not Be Anxious Card, so it was an easy choice for which one to case.  I changed the colour, the verse, left off the ribbon, charm and sewing.

I started with a base of Pink Pirouette and layered with silver card and some Kaisercraft Blushed DSP.  The next panel is more silver, more pirouette and white embossed with the Victoria EF.  The top panel is more silver, more pirouette (pierced) and then popped this layer up on foam tape.  The frame is from ODBD's Vine Borders and the verse is from the Scripture Series 1 set which will be available on June 1st from Our Daily Bread Designs!  I've stamped these in versamark and embossed with silver EP and finished off by adding some pink ZVA flowers to the corners.

Now I can tell you the dramas I've had.  Originally I had some Bella Rose DSP on the silver for the bottom layer.  Grace sewed around the edge of her's, so I thought I'd go the extra mile and get out my sewing machine.  My sewing machine is not my friend.  I started sewing - it locked up.  Groaning I get the card off the machine and it is a tangled MESS.  I spend time cleaning out the machine, pulling out threads and so on.  I test the machine.....it works fine.  Put the card back on and try and salvage the layer........another massive mess.  My base is ruined, so I try to cut the excess threads and start cleaning out the machine again ---- not looking closely enough, because I'm too busy looking at the machine, I slice my finger with the super sharp scissors.  Now not only is the card ruined with all the mangled threads, it's also covered in blood.  A band-aid, more time spend cleaning out my machine and as you can see, a change of BG and NO SEWING later.....I have a finished card!!!  SIGH!

Stamps - Scripture Series 1, Vine Borders (ODBD)
Paper - Pink Pirouette, Silver Card, White Card, Kaisercraft Blushed DSP
Ink - Versamark
Accessories - Silver EP, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Victoria EF, ZVA flowers, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!  :)

13 comments:

Edna Morrisedie said...

Time you gave the sewing a miss then!!! I love all the pink on this one, the layers are great for a Grace CASE!!

Kerrie said...

You must have patience, I would have walked!.... and the finger..... hate bad days. but, your card turned at fantastic.... take care!

Grace said...

Oh Kathy... I am so sorry you lost so much paper, time and blood trying to sew this... and I feel for you because that is why I had to get a new sewing machine in the first place!! My old one just knotted up all the time!!! But your pretty pink creation came out soooooo beautiful!!! I love the colors, the softness of the silver and pink... the ZVA roses... everything on this card is perfect!!! THank you soooo much for casing one of my cards and you really showed these sets off to perfection!!! Hugs!!
Grace

A Consuming Passion said...

Wow Kathy I wish I had your patience!! Got to say it sounds as though your sewing machine needs the bobbin tension looking at... think 'service'!!!
Your card is awsome sewing or not. The attention to detail, perfectly placed layers... worth every moment of the time it took!

Michelle Woerner said...

Cut finger and all, this is a beautiful creation! Yeah, me and my machine aren't really friendly either -LOL! I love the soft color palette on this. It's really stunning girlie. Oh and what did you use for your silver? I am always in search for some good silver cardstock and, really it's hard to find. I like it SHINY, not dull... sigh... Hugs,

Marisa said...

Beautiful card, Kathy! Love the flowers on the corners and the DP is fabulous! Such a soft feel to th is.

Looks like the score is: Sewing machine and scissors 1 - Kathy 0. Not fair that they tag teamed you either! Hope the finger isn't too badly cut and know the struggle was worth it as the card is lovely!.

Sharon said...

So pretty Kathy, this is a lovely verse and you've done a wonderful job of showcasing it!

Sharon

Silke Ledlow said...

Bless your heart Kathy!!! Your card for Grace turned out gorgeous...sewing or not...LOL!!! Love the Psalm and how elegant you've made it look!!! Hugs ~S~

jjcreations said...

What a stunningly beautiful card....all the layers and the colours are gorgeous.

Denise Marzec said...

Totally gorgeous! Love the trio of flowers on the corners.

Patty said...

Your card is beautiful (despite the drama). Just for a FYI have you a little stiff brush to clean the lint out of your machine around the bobbin area? With paper sewing it seems to build up faster and can make a horrid tangled mess when you are using your machine. I think this might help you along with a good oiling. Love your creations! Patty

Susan (rainy) said...

Sewing machines.. ugh. So sorry for all the frustration you had with yours. BUT.. your card is stunning, absolutely beautiful.

Tanya said...

Oh, I've that happen with my sewing machine too, it is so frustrating! Even with everything that happened, your card is beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails