Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Glitter Butterfly

Today I have a niece turning 6yrs old and like most little girls loves pink, butterflies and lots of sparkle!!!  I decided to use this week's Just Us Girls Challege (sketch) for the layout and the Shabby Tea Room Challenge to use Glitter!

I started with pink bazzill and layered with white and three panels of My Mind's Eye DSP.  I've stamped the sentiment in Memento Rich Cocoa and cut it out with Ribbon Tags Trio and attached it to the bottom of the card with some pink satin ribbon.  I've stamped the butterfly in Orchid Versacolor and cut it out and popped it up on an embossed circle of white which is matted with some hazel bazzill and more pink bazzill cut with Blossom Nestabilities.  To finish I added a pink satin bow to the ribbon, three pink rhinestones to the top corner and sentiment panel and lots of Kindyglitz (glitter glue) to the butterfly!



Stamps - Gem Stone Insects (Inkadinkado), Warmest Regards (SU)
Paper - Pink and Hazel Bazzill, White, MME DSP
Accessories - Small and Large Circle Nestabilities, Blossom Nestabilities, Ribbon Tags Trio Spellbinders, Swiss Dots EF, Pink Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, Pink Rhinestones, Kindyglitz, Foam Tape, Scissors.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

19 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Very pretty card! I really like the design and the papers you used, and that glittered butterfly is fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room again.

Jessie said...

What a beautiful girly card Kathy!

Denise Marzec said...

Love those gorgeous papers with the big butterfly...so pretty!

Debbie said...

Oh Kathy, your design is beautiful! I {heart} that sweet, glittered PINK butterfly!!! Thanks so much for joining us in the Tea Room this week and I hope to see you back on Monday to give the new challenge a try too :)

Pajalu said...

What a gorgeous card for a little girl. I bet your niece will adore getting such a sparkly butterfly :D xoxoxo

Marisa said...

Love the sparkly butterfly :D I'm sure she will love the card too.

June Houck said...

You have it exactly right! Pink, bling, flowers, every girls' love :) I hope your niece has a wonderful birthday. She is receiving a Kathy card, what could be better than that?

Nicole said...

So pretty! Love that pink and glittery butterfly. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room! :)

jjcreations said...

Very pretty card - that butterfly is gorgeous.

Sharon said...

Beautiful card Kathy. Just perfect for a six year old girl. Small world - I was cardmaking with my friend Deb on Saturday and she used the exact same papers as you on her card!

Have a great week
Sharon x

Danni said...

Oh I just {heart} this card!! Pink and glitter and a butterfly--my favs!! awesome job!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Kathy for a lil' girl! What a perfect combo - pink, glitter & the Just Us Girls sketch :) Thank you for playing along with Just Us Girls - hope you come play Saturday!

Kerrie said...

Kathy, very pretty indeed, just what a little girl of 3 will love.

Renkata said...

Very elegant card. Love the ribbon and the tag sentiment.

Maria said...

Love that butterfly and those pattern papers rock! Nice job and thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this week!

Jenny said...

Soo pretty!!! Come by and check out the challenge on my blog.. you might want to play along! have a great day! :) :) :) :) :)

Edna Morrisedie said...

I bet Miss K will love this sparkly butterfly, and all the fun in the BG colours, nicely done!

Joanne Leddy said...

I just love your butterfly! Thanks for sharing and inspiring us today!

JenMarie said...

Beautiful, love the sparkle!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails