Saturday, May 8, 2010

Ginger Blossoms

Hello Everyone!!  Today I am in Melbourne doing the Copic Certification Class!!  WOOHOO!!  :)  Here is a card I whipped up before I left Brisbane using JustRite's Beautiful Blossoms set.

I started with a base of Riding Hood Red and layered with white and more Riding Hood Red.  Next I added a strip of white punched with the Fiskars Lace Border Punch and topped with some Ginger Blossom DSP.  Next I attached to pieces of River Rock grosgrain ribbon and knotted both of them.  I stamped the Geraniums from Beautiful Blossoms in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured them with Copics (R22, R27, YG91, YG95, C1) and cut it out with Large Oval Nestabilities.  (I did trim it a bit with scissors because I wanted a very close cut.)  Then I matted it with some River Rock cut with Label 11 Nestabilities and popped the whole panel up on foam tape.  To finish I added a couple of Kaisercraft Snow Pearls to the top corner.

Stamps - Beautiful Blossoms (JustRite)
Paper - Riding Hood Red, White, X-press It Blending Card, Ginger Blossom DSP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Large Oval and Label 11 Nestabilities, Fiskars Lace Border Punch, River Rock Grosgrain Ribbon, Kaisercraft Snow Pearls, Foam Tape.

That's all for now, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

15 comments:

Marisa said...

Great card and I LOVE the colours you used - earth tones are my faves :D Great layout and use of Nesties as always :D

Trusting you are having a fun time on your course. Can't wait to hear all about it :D

Francie G. said...

Beautiful, Kathy! Fab coloring! Can't wait to hear all about your class! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy,

Wow you've picked the perfect paper to match this image!

I hope you are having a fabulous day!!!

Sharon x

Liz Weber said...

Hi Kathy, hope you are having fun at the Copics Class, can't wait to see and hear about what you learnt!

Loving this gorgeous rich card, fab stamping and colouring and I always love your style!

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh the rich and yummy colors!! This is gorgeous, Kathy!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Kathy! Your coloring is amazing. Have fun at your class

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful as always Kathy - hope you too enjoyed the Copics Class - those girls are both so talented and certainly know how to keep things fun!

Leigh said...

Love the colours you've used for this card Kathy.

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Kathy - this is beautiful and I just love the colors you have used. I hope you enjoyed your class.

Janet

Yvonne Hagane said...

Kathy this is just GORGEOUS!! Beautiful colors and as always your coloring is breathtaking!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful, girl! Love the papers and the oval layered with that nestie shape!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Kathy!! Love the colors, dp, nestie shapes and gorgeous coloring!
hugs,
Chris

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty. Wonderful papers and I like that scalloped edge.

JenMarie said...

Love this, so vibrant!

June Houck said...

Stunning and lovely as always, Kathy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails