Sunday, May 22, 2011

FS224 Missing You

Hello Everyone!!  It's been a loooooong time since I did the Featured Stamper challenge, so it was great to get back for one this week!  This week it's Carly (aka Paperinbloom), who has a very CAS style.  I did try to go more CAS, but I am who I am and this is how it turned out!  :)  I chose her Wishing You card, keeping the same colours and basic layout and floral theme, adding a few more layers, DP and some texture.

I actually started by stamping the Orchids by Flourishes in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and colouring with Copics (V01, V12, V04, V05, V09, C3, G82, G85, 0) then cutting it out with scissors and scalpel.  The base is made of black, Old Olive and Cottage Wall DP.  Around this I added some white crochet lace.  I couldn't find any ribbon to match my Orchids (and anyone who has seen my ribbon collection would be shocked to hear that!), so I grabbed some white satin ribbon and coloured it with a V12 Copic Marker and added it to the top of the crochet.  The next panel is made of white and a piece of black that I've embossed with the Victoria EF and then popped it up on foam tape.  Next I popped the Orchids up, also on foam tape.  Finally I stamped the sentiment and cut it out into a notched tag and secured it with a bow.

Stamps - Orchids, Tag Lines (Flourishes)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Black, White, Old Olive, SU Cottage Wall DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Victoria EF, White Crochet Lace, White Satin Ribbon, Scissors, Scalpel, Bow Easy, Foam Tape.

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are Inspired to Stamp!!  :)

13 comments:

pasjemari said...

Kathy-WNDERFUL cards!!!!!

Beverly Bohannon said...

Love the purple and the coloring on the orchids!!! Beautiful card!

Thanks for sharing!!

Beverly
http://www.classycardsnsuch.com
http://www.classycardsnsuch.blogspot.com

jjcreations said...

This is gorgeous....those flowers are stunning!!!!!

Debby said...

Your card is beautiful. Purple and green are so rich together...love it! Hugs

Marisa said...

Love the orchids on the black - stunning effect. Gorgeous card!

Heather Rogers said...

This is stunning Kathy. I love the purple Orchids. :)
Hugs~

linda said...

Fantastic love the colour
Linda in NZ

pam124 said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL card Kathy. The flowers are so perfectly done with copics. I just saw you have some tutorial on copics. I've gotta check those out. I'm starting to use them now and need some hints. Your work is beautiful and love the colors.

Mona Pendleton said...

STUNNING card Kathy! Those Orchids look AMAZING! I want to be able to color like you when I grow up :) Thanks for sharing your talent!

Edna Morrisedie said...

So it was CARS rather than CAS you do get that!! The purple flowers look good atop the black black black black!

velta said...

Hi Kathy ~ This is, honest to goodness, one of the most stunning cards I have seen in a while...Love the colors you chose! TFS!!

Karen Linarez said...

Gorgeous card! Beautiful flowers and great coloring!

Gab said...

What a stunning card

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails