Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Ben!

Hello Everyone!!  Today my little dude turns 6yrs old!!  How time flies!  He's still at that age where he goes running around the house making weird noises like a dinosaur.....on more than one occasion I have called him Benosaurus!!  :)  So, when I had to make a card for his birthday, I chose this super cute image by My Favorite Things called Little Loveosaurus.  :)  Appropriate don't you think??  I tried to follow this week's MFT sketch, but I think it morphed into something else.

Anyway, the base is made of Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, White (pierced) and three pieces of Kaisercraft Jungle Bug DP.  Around this I've knotted some brown grosgrain ribbon and added a Pumpkin Pie star over the top.  I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (G12, G40, G82, G85, G99, E000, E01, E40, Y21), then cut it out and popped it up on foam tape.  Next I stamped the sentiment from the same set and created a notched tag across the bottom and finished with a couple of orange buttons knotted with twine.


Stamps - Little Loveosaurus (MFT)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, White, Kaisercraft Jungle Bug DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Star Nestabilities, Brown Grosgrain Ribbon, Orange Buttons, Twine, Scissors, Foam Tape, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack.

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

11 comments:

Marisa said...

They do grow up waaaay too quickly. Love the words - so descriptive of a little boy LOL! Happy birthday to Ben!

pasjemari said...

kathyj -fantastic card !!!

June Houck said...

Kathy, this is SO cute!

pam124 said...

Hi Kathy. I decided since I get your regular blog uploads that maybe I should comment as I see them come in. I hope it's okay to comment on your blog sometimes and you gallery at other times. I can't believe your little boy is 6 years old. OMG, will he LOVE this one. Benasaurus - that's so funny. My sons will be 13 in August and 27 in July. You're right, times do fly. Take care my friend.

Rosietoes said...

super cute card. Love it Kathy.

Edna x

Danni said...

Oh my! Way too adorable!

velta said...

LOL...Yes, very appropriate!! Love the name you chose for this perfect 6 year old!!! And, perfect card for this age !! TFS !!

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh Kathy this is so stinkin' CUTE!! Happy birthday to your little man.

Edna Morrisedie said...

He Heee... little dude that he is, I am sure he liked the brightness of this card!

Stacy Morgan said...

I think its totally CUTE and I am sure he loved it! Tell Ben Happy Birthday! I think I relized after your comment that last year we figured the same thing about their birthday's. I just had forgotten also. ha ha We had the family party last night and today is the friends from school party. I am tired already... ha ha Hope Ben has a wonderful weekend.

Gab said...

I hope your DS had a great day! His card is fantastic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails