Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Orchids

Hello Everyone!!  Today I was playing with a few new things - the Orchids stamp set by Flourishes (how pretty is this!!), the RV90's markers (care of my buddy Nat), purple button (care of my sweet friend Kris) and this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!!  I've been a bit mojoless lately, so I was hoping the playing with new things might spark something!!  :)

I started with the Orchids, stamping them in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and colouring with Copics (RV91, RV93, RV95, RV99 {a little tip-to-tip}, G40, G82, G85, G99, C1, C3, BG0000, BG000, Y13, Y15, W1, 0).  It was cut out with Large Oval Nestabilities and matted with some Vintage Pink Bazzill cut with Beaded Oval Nestabilities.  I followed this week's sketch and constructed my base of vintage pink, white and some Kioshi paper that I found deep in my stash.  Across the bottom I added another piece of Kioshi and matted it with white, punched on one side with a scallop punch.  Around this I attached some white satin ribbon and topped it with a bow, purple button and some silver cord.  Finally I added my orchids image by popping it up on foam tape.
Stamps - Orchids (Flourishes)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Vintage Pink Bazzill, White, Basic Grey Kioshi DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Large Oval and Beaded Oval Nestabilities, White Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, Purple Button, Silver Cord, SU Scallop Punch, Foam Tape.

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

16 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulously coloured orchids! They always brint fond memories of my years in Costa Rica as they grew wild in the trees :) Well done.

Heather Rogers said...

WOW! This is stunning Kathy. I love how you colored the Orchids. :)
Hugs~

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how gorgeous!! I just love your coloring!! Your orchids look so real!! So elegant Kathy!!

Hope all is well! Miss you!
hugs,
Chris

pasjemari said...

Beautiful card !! /piękna/
Maria

Joanna McDonald said...

A beautiful card! Your coloring of
the orchids is absolutely stunning!! Thanks for sharing.

Beate said...

OMG, Kathy! Your coloring looks AMAZING! You can make purple look good. Simply stunning coloring and card.
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Wow!! This is gorgeous! Your colouring of the orchids is stunning!!! What an incredible card. TFS
Beth Greco

Edna Morrisedie said...

The Kioshi Paper lives on, looks great with the splendid orchids too, nicely coloured and all!

Unknown said...

What a pretty card you've created. The colors are just stunning.

Judy Inukai said...

What a gorgeous card.I love how you've colored the orchids. Thanks for including the Copic colors used.

Unknown said...

This is sooooo gorgeous Kathy!!! Wow....your coloring is amazing!

Jenny Schimak said...

Absolutely exquisite Kathy.

Leslie Miller said...

Oooooooh, they sure turned out pretty! Love them with the Kioshi paper. Fabulous coloring. I knew you'd do beautiful things with these orchids!

Gab said...

Gorgeous

Sharon said...

WOW Kathy!!! Your orchid card looks amazing, the colouring is spectacular of course :) Perfect paper to match your image too!

Sharon x

Leigh said...

Just fabulous. So pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails