Monday, May 16, 2011

Karate Boy

Hello Everyone!!  I actually made this card last week for my nephew's birthday....he turned 8!!  He's a red belt in Karate, so when I saw this digi stamp at The Greeting Farm, I knew it would be perfect for him!!!  Until now I had avoided Digi Stamping - I love the feel of inking and stamping images, but this one is only in digi form, so I took the plunge!  I used X-press It Blending Card in our Canon inkjet printer and had no trouble with the ink and my Copics.  This is a simple card - after all, boys aren't that fond of frilled up cards!!

First I printed the Karate Ian image (the first one was HUGE....lesson number one, check sizing *before* printing) and coloured it with Copics (E000, E01, E11, E50, E51, E53, YR31, R22, R24, W0, W1, W3, W5).  It was cut out with Large Circle Nestabilities and matted with red cut with the matching scallop.  The base is constructed of Riding Hood Red, White and some MME Lush DP.  Across the bottom I added some red grosgrain ribbon.  The sentiment is from JustRite Stamper's new Just Because stamp set and has been stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and cut out with the JR Nested Sentiment Dies.  I popped up the Karate Boy on foam tape and stuck him to the middle of the card.

Stamps - Karate Ian (The Greeting Farm), Just Because (JustRite)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Riding Hood Red, White, MME Lush DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Inkjet Printer
Accessories - Copics, Large Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities, JustRite Nested Sentiment Dies, Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

6 comments:

Danni said...

Awesome card! I'm always in awe over your coloring!

Marisa said...

Totally cute image and fabulously coloured. Love the BG you used. Perfect for a little boy :)

Gab said...

What a cool card ... love how you coloured him! And now I need to buy that digi! So cool!!!

Unknown said...

This is such a adorable card.

velta said...

Perfect for an 8 year old! Precious image!!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Sweet, I like his little red belt and J like blonde locks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails