Tuesday, December 22, 2009

FS150 Hold on to Each Other

Can you believe there are only 3 days to Christmas!!!  I FINALLY finished my Christmas shopping today and tomorrow our family heads off on vacation to spend Christmas with family.  Now of course I really should be packing, but what did I do....played the Featured Stamper Challenge of course!!!  LOL!!!  This week the honour goes to Brenda aka Benzi!!!  Congratulations Brenda!!!

I chose her I've Got Curves card to case......and ah, mine really looks nothing like the original!  I was inspired by the Valentine theme, hearts and colours and kept those and completely changed the layout!  I also got to use the soon to be released Romantic Sentiments by JustRite!!!  This set of 9 centers is being released on January 1st!!!

I started with a base of red bazzill and layered with white and some Bella Rose DSP.  Through the middle I added some 1" White Satin Ribbon and topped it with a piece of black bazzill cut with the Label 8 die.  For my feature panel I used the Renaissance Hearts Pendant and cut out a panel in white.  I then took the smaller heart from the same set and cut and embossed 8 hearts in red to go around the edge.  Also using the red I used the die from the middle to cut out another panel which was popped up in the centre.  I stamped the sentiment from Romantic Sentiments in Real Red and cut it out with Circle Nestabilities and glued it to the popped panel of red.  To finish I added some Kaisercraft Snow Pearls to the corners of the Label 8 and each of the 8 red hearts.

Stamps - Romantic Sentiments (JustRite)
Paper - Red, Black and White Bazzill, Bella Rose DSP
Ink - Real Red
Accessories - Label 8 Nestabilities, Large Circle Nestabilities, Renaissance Hearts Pendant Shapeabilities, 1" White Satin Ribbon, Kaisercraft Snow Pearls, Foam Tape.

Although I'll be away over Christmas, I will have a couple of posts scheduled during this time.  Wherever you are this Festive Season I hope you are blessed with a Merry Christmas and safe traveling!!

9 comments:

Marisa said...

Love how you created the wreath for this lovely card. Love the dramatic colours and the way you used the pearls. Have a fabulous Christmas celebrating the birth of Christ with family and friends and blessings for a great 2010 :D

Leigh said...

Fabulous card Kathy. Lovely combination of colours. Merry Christmas.

Denise said...

How Beautiful! Love the color combo, that was the colors of my wedding.
Merry Christmas!
Hugs,
Denise

Connie M. said...

Oh wow! This is just stunning, Kathy! Love the fancy way you did the pendent! WOW!!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a blessed new year! Hugs to you!

Danni said...

Love the contrast in the colors and I just adore the sentiment..so very sweet! Gorgeous card!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Nice job with the pendant/heart combination....

Ellen said...

This is so beautiful!!!!!!!

Hugs and have a Happy Christmas,
Ellenxxx

Michele Kovack said...

This is gorgeous!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Eva said...

This is such a gorgeous card!!! Happy Holidays to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails