Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Goodbye Kindy Year...

I can't believe how crazy things have been over the last few days!  Not only have I done very little Christmas shopping - this is the last week of school before the Summer/Christmas School Holidays!!!  YIKES!!!  Is anyone else as disorganised as I am this year???
Today is a bittersweet day for me - it marks the very last day of my middle child's Kindy year!  (In Australia Kindy is 2 stages before grade 1.)  I have to admit I'm feeling a little teary today, my little man is growing up!  I have made a Journal and card set for his teacher as a thank you gift.  These are her favourite colours and she loved them when we presented them this morning!

I used Kaisercraft's new Lilac Avenue PP (both the full sized sheets as well as the mini deck size).  I've matched it with Old Olive and So Saffron cardstock, scallop edge punch for borders and the Label 4 dies to frame the name (journal) and sentiment circle (card).  The sentiment is from JustRite's new release Just A Note set and stamped in Old Olive ink.  I embellished with some green satin ribbon and some Kaisercraft Lemon Pearls.

Stamps - Just A Note (JustRite), Headline Alphabet (ret. SU)
Paper - Old Olive, So Saffron, White, Kaisercraft Lilac Avenue DSP
Ink - Old Olive
Accessories - Label 4 Nestabilties, Large Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Scallop edge punch, green satin ribbon, foam tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)


9 comments:

Marisa said...

Yes, they do grow up waaaaay too quickly!! I just loved age 3 - 5 and it was sad to see them pass that stage, but each stage has it's own rewards :D Glad the teacher loved the gift, it's lovely. I remember when Christmas and my birthday landed in summer time (I was born and lived in Costa Rica for 10 years). You must be a magician in order to be able to get things done for Christmas with all your kids on vacation! A wise grandma told me to treasure those times as they will be over before you know it, even on the days you wish you could nail their feet to the floor LOL! Blessings :D

Michelle Woerner said...

Hey sweet Kathy! These are super cute. *sigh* they do grow up so fast huh? Sending you hugs,

Edna Morrisedie said...

Well I am sure these went down a treat... great colour combination and the papers are yummy!!

PS Just in case you forgot... you little man is not really that little... here comes a strapping lad... just around the next corner...

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kathy - what a great set - no wonder the teacher loved it - it is gorgeous! Our kids are finishing on Friday as well - until February!!! Love your set Kathy and I look forward to seeing more over the holidays - feel free to come and join me for some cardmaking! LOL! Thanks for sharing Kathy - it is always a pleasure!! God bless you Kathy! {{{hugs}}}

Leigh said...

Kathy, this is a fabulous gift for a teacher. I'm not surprised she loved the gift.

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful projects Kathy! Don't you just love this new Kaiser paper? So, so pretty

Silke Ledlow said...

I'm with you Kathy...I'm so disorganized this year...not sure why..I guess too much going on - LOL!!!

AWWWW - your baby is growing up....our Mimi is too and I do understand...we want to hold on to them for ever....they are our babies - sniff!!!

Your card and journal are beautful!!! Hugs ~S~

Jessie said...

Beautiful gift set Kathy, she must have been delighted with it :)

Stacy Morgan said...

She will love this, its very pretty! What a wonderful mom you are to make her a gift.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails