Friday, December 4, 2009

LSC249 White Christmas

Hello Everyone!!!  Today's card is for this week's LSC Challenge at SCS!  The Hostess this week is Holly McMillen (aka Toy) and she asked me to be a sample maker for her!!!  Thanks so much for asking me Holly - it was so much fun!!!  :)  The challenge was to make a card using the 'White Christmas' theme - only white card, only white paper, white or clear embellishments, only one colour ink and no colouring!  For more details see LSC249 on THIS page!!!

I started with a white card base and then popped up the next layer of white on foam tape.  I then added another layer of white - embossed with 'Victoria' EF and punched one end with the Fiskars Upper Crest Border Punch.  Around this layer I attached some white satin ribbon and added a white satin bow to one side.  In the bottom corner, in silver ink, I added the sentiment from JustRite's Christmas Joy Set.  The poinsettia is made using the Spellbinders Nested Poinsettias - which I've had on my desk for MONTHS begging to be used!!  Once again, I've cut them out using white card, embossed the edges and shaped them, popping the middle up.  To finish I've added some Kaisercraft Snow Pearls to the centre of the poinsettia and to the bottom left corner.

Stamps - Christmas Joy (JustRite)
Paper - White cardstock
Ink - Silver
Accessories - Spellbinders Nested Poinsettia, Victoria EF, Fiskars Upper Crest Border Punch, White Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, Kaisercraft Snow Pearls, Foam Tape.

That's all for now, thanks for visiting and hope you play along!!!  :)

18 comments:

Michelle Woerner said...

GASP! Kathy, this is just stunning. You have a flair for the elegant, but this one is SUPERB! Great job with the all white challenge! Hugs,

Liz Weber said...

Ooh la la Kathy this is beyond devine. Just love all that crisp gorgeous whiteness. Thanks for the inspiration!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Nicely done, I like white on white... the flower is gorgeous... love a bit of layer in this way, points for you BFF!!

Leigh said...

Stunning, absolutely stunning!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer Kathy!! Congrats on being asked to make a sample for the LSC. This is stunning. Love your dry embossed background with the die cut layered flower and the pearl. Love it!!
hugs,
Chris

Teresa Kline said...

this is so very gorgeous, outstanding....I am thrilled to be able to have played with you and the others..have a wonderful day!

enjoy *~*

Jessie said...

Wow Kathy, what a fantastic card, it's gorgeous!

Grace said...

Wowza Kathy!!!! This is STUNNING!!!! Love the red in the bg too!!!!

Connie M. said...

STUNING...that about sums it us, Kathy!! Your winter white creation is just perfect! LOVE your layered flower, and that bow...OH MY!! It was so fun play along side of you again! Big Hugs!!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is so classy Kathy! Gorgeous flower and I love all the white. I watched White Christmas on Tuesday this week, LOVE that movie. All time fav of mine.

Marisa said...

LOVE, love, love, love, love this!!! I am a huge fan of white on white and your flower is gorgeous. Fabulous, classy, elegant card!!

Jodi Collins said...

This is STUNNING Kathy!! WOOOOOOWSA! LOVE this!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh....WIT WHEWWWWWWWW, girl, this is outta-this-world-STUNNING!!!!!! Amazing!! Totally amazing!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Hi Kathy!! This is one gorgeous card! I just ordered this SB poinsettia but it is backordered! Hope I get it soon! I love how you did it in all white!!!

Renee said...

Wow Kathy this is so gorgeous!

Susan (rainy) said...

This is so elegant.. absolutley breath-taking!!

Denise said...

Wow, I Love this card, it is so elegant. Wish we could have a "white Christmas" here in Hawaii. LOL
Hugs

grandmamichelf said...

What a perfectly gorgeous all white card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails