Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Updates and a Notebook!

Hello Everyone!  Many thanks to those who have been checking up on me because of my absence!!  School finished for the Christmas/Summer break (and therefore 3 kids at home under 8yrs), desperately trying to get my Christmas Shopping done, trip to the hairdresser for all of us followed by a massive migraine that resulted in a lot of throwing up followed by 15hrs of being unconscious and another day recovering.  Today I am off to see my cousin who is in town - I haven't seen her in two years!!!  As you can see it's been pretty full on around here of late!!!

Now I still have to make the Featured Stamper challenge card for this week, because it is none other than my dear friend PAM (aka Pam124) - however it will just have to wait a little bit longer!!!  With Christmas fast approaching and our family will be going away for a bit - my posting may be a little sporadic, although I will have some news to share soon!!

The project I have today is a Christmas gift that I made last week before the chaos hit!  I bought a Spirax notebook and covered it with this pretty Kaisercraft Blushed DSP.  The strip down the side is more of the same paper (don't you love that flourish!) with some white grosgrain knotted around it and mounted on some pink bazzill that I've punched with the Fiskars Upper Crest Border Punch.  The Monogram is made using the JustRite 2" Square Decorative Frames and the Special Occasions Font Set stamped in Chocolate Chip and Regal Rose.  I cut it out using the Large Classic Square Nestabilities and matted with the Label 3 Nestabilities (2 sizes, 2 colours of pink bazzill) and popped it up on foam tape.  I finished by adding some Kaisercraft Snow Pearls to the corners.

JustRite have now compiled an awesome chart that tells you which Spellbinders/Marvy/EK Success/Stampin Up product matches which JustRite stamp set!!!!  What an awesome resource that is!!!  You can find it HERE and download it for future reference!!!


Stamps - 2" Square Decorative Frames , Special Occasions Font Set (JustRite)
Paper - Kaisercraft Blushed DSP, White, Pink Bazzill (2 shades)
Ink - Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose
Accessories - Label 3 Nestabilities, Large Square Nestabilities, Fiskars Upper Crest Border Punch, White Grosgrain Ribbon, Kaisercraft Snow Pearls, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!!  :)

11 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

So sorry to hear you've been unwell!! I'm not too sure how you manage any craft this time of year with little ones too!!!! Hope it passes and you get a little time to yourself over the Christmas Break.
Have a Very Happy Christmas and all the very best for 2010 - can't wait to hear what your news is!!!!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

I like the nesties you used with this monograms, looks great... for a moment I thought you had "gotten" into rub-ons, but alas just your good paper sourcing skills coming to light!!

Grace said...

Oh Kathy... I'm so sorry you were so sick with a migraine!!! They sure can knock you out!!! But glad you got this beauty made! I LOVE this paper and the strip with the flourish is fantastic! I love that JR has posted the SB chart for their stamp sizes! I hope you have some fun relaxing days planned too! Hugs!

Sabrina Jackson said...

OMGosh, Kathy, this is a gorgeous notebook!!!! Love the papers...so beautiful. Sorry to hear about that migraine...sure know how those feel :C. Oh my 3 kids under the age of 8 y.o.? I have one at home who is 4 y.o and for the next two weeks another that is 8 y.o. Take it easy and stay well. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Shawna said...

So glad you are over the migraine. Those are such killers. Love your notebook, the recipient will love it! Have a fabulous day Kathy.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Hi Kathy, It's Nikki here from Wags 'n Whisker Rubber Stamps. Be sure to check out the Wags 'n Whisker blog :-) Hugs x

Jodi Collins said...

This is GORGEOUS Kathy! LOVE this! That's a fab resource too!!

pam124 said...

Oh, Kathy, this is just such awesome work as you ALWAYS do my friend!! Hey, I know it's busy this time of year and with your children and your health, please do not worry about the featured stamper card. Whenever you have a chance down the road, you can always do one. Thanks so much for mentioning me in your blog!! You're Da Best!!! Hugs - pam

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my...I'm sorry about the migraine. Geez, you were unconscious? Oye...hopefully THAT won't come back again. Glad to hear you're better. {{hugs}

Beautiful notebook!

Leigh said...

I love this paper Kathy. May just have to find some of it. lol
So sorry to hear that you have been ill with a migraine. They are absolutely dreadful things. Please take care.

Unknown said...

I really like the frame you created with the punch. Great idea

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails