Wednesday, December 9, 2009

SFYTT For Gerry

Well I survived the end of Kindy yesterday, tomorrow I face my son finishing Grade 2!  I can't believe he's finished Grade 2!!!  Today also marked the day that he had to start wearing glasses.  So much has happened this week that my mojo is suffering and yet I still have had to make oodles of altered notebooks and thank you cards!

I was inspired by this week's SFYTT for the layout and I had to make this one pink since the recipient loves pink.  I started with a base of Pink Pirouette and layered with white and some Kaisercraft Blushed DSP and then tied some white grosgrain ribbon around it.  The main panel is more Pirouette and Blushed cut with the Label 4 Nestabilities.  The Monogram is made using the Special Occasions Font and the 2" Decorative Round Wide Borders stamped in River Rock and Regal Rose and cut with the Large Circle Nestabilities and mounted on Large Scallop Circle Nestabilities.  To finish I added several Kaisercraft Snow Pearls!!  :)

Stamps - Special Occasions Font, 2" Decorative Round Wide Borders (JustRite)
Paper - Pink Pirouette, White, Kaisercraft Blushed DSP
Ink - River Rock, Regal Rose
Accessories - Label 4 Nestabilities, Large Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, White Grosgrain Ribbon, Kaisercraft Snow Pearls, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!  :)

11 comments:

Liz Weber said...

HI Kathy, your card is so elegant, just love how you use the stamps and the gorgeous ribbons.

My son finishes Grade 2 tomorrow as well - very scary how quick the years are going. I have 1 more year until my daugher starts Prep so will treasure next year.

Keep up the wonderful inspiration!

Edna Morrisedie said...

I love that round border it's gorgeous... nice job of putting the colours together!

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful Kathy - love the pinks and of course pearls!

Grace said...

Oooh very pretty Kathy! Love the pinks! Yes kids grow up so quickly! Enjoy every minute you have!!!:)

Shawna said...

I don't know darlin' ------ looks like your mojo is chugging along just fine from where I sit. I love this card!

Michelle Woerner said...

Hi love! This is just beautiful -doesn't look like your mojo is waning in any way!! I love the softness and of course, the pearls. Hugs,

Pam said...

Kathy, girl I love your style. Your card are each sooo gorgeous. Oh honey, I know your heart aches with each change your babies go through. I hate to tell you this it doesn't get any easier. When my daughter went away to college I was just sick. That is what happens when your babies have stole your heart. Just cherish each moment.
Sending you a big old momma's hug,
Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful and so personalized. Great monogram! Glad things are sorta settling down for you. The boys found out they have glasses this year also.

Leigh said...

Kathy, once again you've made a beautiful card.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

You sure have lacked Mojo my dear friend. Each and every creation is stunning. Time sure does fly!! I hope things settle down for you.

Love these monogrammed stamps. I really need these Just Rite stamps. Will be a while after buying a computer.
hugs,
Chris

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card! So feminine! Love all the pearls! :) TFS

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails