Sunday, December 27, 2009

Tangerine Birthday Wishes

Hello Everyone!  I hope you are enjoying your Christmas Break!  While you read this I am away visiting family and enjoying a break from routine!  You may remember that before I went away, I was working on a set of cards that I was giving my grandmother for Christmas.  This is one that I made for her - let's face it, you can never have too many Birthday Cards!!

I was inspired by a recent Mojo Sketch, although I made this after the week's cut off.  I started with a base of Tangerine Tango and layered with white and some Bloom and Grow DSP.  Across that I've added some striped Bloom and Grow that was matted with green bazzill punched both sides with the Martha Stewart Lattice Arch Border Punch.  The image is from SU's Bloomin' with Beauty (Bloomin' Beautiful in the US) and stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Groovy Guava, Always Artichoke and Creamy Caramel.  I cut it out and popped it up on an embossed piece of white which is matted with Hazel Bazzill and more Tangerine Tango.  I finished off by adding the sentiment (Sincere Salutations - SU), Kaisercraft Blush Pearls to the top corner and also to many of the flower centres.

Stamps - Bloomin' with Beauty (Bloomin' Beautiful), Sincere Salutation (SU)
Paper - Tangerine Tango, Pear and Hazel Bazzill, White, Bloom and Grow DSP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Groovy Guava, Always Artichoke, Creamy Caramel
Accessories - Small, Large and Large Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Lattice Arch Border Punch, Swiss Dots EF, Kaisercraft Blush Pearls, Scissors and Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

13 comments:

Leigh said...

Kathy, I love the colours you've used on this card and the sketch.

Grace said...

So pretty Kathy! This is one of my favorite SU! images! Love the papers you used!!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

MMMMMMMMmmm liking the Tango, looks great with this image too, nice work!

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful, Kathy!! Love your beautiful, soft coloring!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very vibrant and pretty. She will love it and you never have too many your right! Hope you are enjoying the time with family!

Karen said...

I love that stamp and you've colored it beautifully. You're right, you never can have too many birthday cards! :>

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is one of my fave sets my friend and you did a magnificent job with it!! Love your coloring and design!! Hope you had a great Christmas!!! I sent you a card but it will or was probably late. Oh well...the thought was there. Happy New Year!!

hugs,
Chris

Renee said...

Gorgeous! I bet she loved them!

America said...

Oh Im Loving this color combo and your beautiful, soft coloring! Great design! I love your work too and Im a big fan!

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card! You did an amazing job coloring in the bouquet! Happy New Year!

Liz Weber said...

Gorgeous card Kathy - love the colour combo, very fresh!

Hope you are enjoying your well deserved break.

Happy New Year, I look forward to your lovely cards in 2010!

Ellen said...

Goodmorning Kathy,

HAPPY, HEALTHY AND CREATIVE NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Thanks for visiting my Blog and your compliment. I work with the JustRite stamps since a month, they are amazing. I have 2 sets a the moment but I have still a lot on my wishinglist;-).

Hugs and have a nice day,
Ellenxxx

Denise Marzec said...

Pretty coloring and I LOVE the orange!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails