Thursday, December 10, 2009

WSC109 Congrats EDNA!!!

Today I finally had the chance to play along with Beate's Weekend Sketch Challange!  Of course I HAD to play because the inspiration for this week's challenge came from my BFF Edna!!!!  WOOHOOO!!!!!!  :)  The card that inspired this week's challenge can be found HERE!

This was actually quite a quick card to make, starting with a base of white and layering with Pink Pirouette and more white.  I punched one end of the white with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Punch and embossed the rest with the Victoria EF.  Across the bottom I added two pieces of this cool ric rak that I found at Bee Crafty in Maryborough - I have no idea what it is called, but it also comes in blue.  I then took the Lattice Pendant Die Set (Spellbinders) and cut out some pieces using the smaller square die and attached them en point across the top.  I thought it looked a bit bland, so I added some Martha Stewart Royal Butterflies (cut with white and sponged with Pretty in Pink) embellished with Kaisercraft Rose Pearls.  The flower has been made using the Poinsettia dies by Spellbinders, cut out in Pink Pirouette.  To add a bit of definition I sponged the centres with Pretty in Pink ink and then popped each flower up on foam tape.  I then added some Kaisercraft Snow Pearls to the centre of the flower.  The sentiment is from Warmest Regards and has been stamped in Pretty in Pink ink and then I cut the panel into a tag shape.

Stamps - Warmest Regards (SU)
Paper - Pink Pirouette, White
Ink - Pretty in Pink
Accessories - Nested Poinsettias (Spellbinders), Lattice Pendant die set (Spellbinders), Doily Lace Border Punch and Royal Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart), Rose and Snow Pearls (Kaisercraft), Pink Ric Rak, Victoria EF, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

16 comments:

Leigh said...

So pretty Kathy.

Danni said...

Ohhhhh pink and butterflies! LOVE this!! So very pretty!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Very pretty Kathy and I love the ric rac!!

Jessie said...

Ooooh so pretty!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzers Kathy!! Stunning!! I just love the ric rac, the layered flower and butterflies and that gorgeous pink against the textured white. You rock girl!!
hugs,
Chris

Edna Morrisedie said...

Found time to do the sketch.... yay!! Nice job, good that you went with PP it is my CS of the week... like your take on the top feature... little diamonds look good, and you know I like the those flowers!!

Grace said...

Oh wow Kathy! This is gorgeous!!! LOVE the soft pink and white color combo! Beautiful design and layout!!!

Marisa said...

Loved this on SCS and loving it all over again here :D The flower is fabulous (now I have to add another nestie to my list LOL) and there are those wonderful MS butterflies. Fabulous card! Hope summer break is off to a good start for you :D

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Kathy, I love the white and pink. Perfect with the butterflies!

Beate said...

Wow! Kathy, your card looks stunning! Love the soft color combo, the embossed background and that gorgeous flower!
Thanks for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Karen L said...

WOW WOW WOW Absolutely stunning Kathy. Just stunning. Love this colour combination.

Yvonne Hagane said...

Holy COW, girl this is just jawdropping GORGEOUS!! The colors are so soft and elegant, and those butterflies are just the prettiest addition to it all. Awesome!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kathy - gaw-juss!! This is just so pretty - I love the way you have used Beate's sketch for this card - perfect!! I am going to have to go and check out Edna's blog!! Thanks for sharing Kathy - there is always something happening on your Blog!! God bless you!! {{{hugs}}}

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE that big flower! The pink and white is so soft and girly, too. :)

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Kathy - this is beautiful and I love the flower and the colors.

tanja said...

Ooooh so pretty! xx tanja

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails