Sunday, December 20, 2009

MTSC52 Pink Dogwoods

Do you have people that you struggle to think of Christmas gifts for each year?  One of mine happens to be my 88yr old Grandmother.  She is an amazing woman and I absolutely love her to bits and if I am that great at her age I'll be very happy!!!  At her age however, she doesn't want 'things' - so this year I decided to make her a set of cards so that she always has something on hand for different occasions.  Today I was inspired by Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge to make a card with no sentiment that she could use for various occasions.

I started with a base of pale pink bazzill and layered with white, a darker shade of pink and topped with some Kaisercraft Blushed DSP.  For the strip down the side I've embossed some white card with the 'Victoria' EF and matted with the darker pink.  Across the top I've made the panel with some 1" White Satin and 1/2" Pink Satin Ribbons.  The main panel has been stamped using Our Daily Bread's Grow in Grace Stamp Set.  I stamped it in Jet Black Stazon and coloured with markers and a blender pen and then cut it out with Small Oval Nestabilities.  I matted it with light pink and darker pink bazzill and popped it up on foam tape.  Finally I added a large white satin bow to the top corner.

Stamps - Grow in Grace (ODBD)
Paper - Pink Bazzill (2 shades), White, Kaisercraft Blushed DSP
Ink - Jet Black Stazon
Accessories - Small, Large and Large Scalloped Oval Nestabilities, Victoria EF, 1" White Satin Ribbon, 1/2" Pink Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, Foam Tape.

On a different note - the severe weather hitting the east coast of the USA has even made news here in Australia and my thoughts and prayers are with those of you in that part of the world!!!!  For my fellow Queenslanders, I hope you haven't been hit too hard by the storms and flash flooding that happened today!!!

That's all for today, hope you are safe whatever part of the world you are in and thanks for visiting!!!  :)

8 comments:

Edna Morrisedie said...

Looks great, I am sure GG will love it!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so soft and elegant Kathy!! I just love the pink and the ribbon paired with the flower.

I am sure your grandmother will love it!!

hugs,
Chris

Marisa said...

Great use of Mercy's sketch! Love the lush ribbon and the sparkly flowers. A perfect gift for an 88 year old grandma :D I'm sure she will love them!

Karen L said...

Just beautiful - love pink and white. I just made a pink and white card myself last night too.

Amy Sheffer said...

You really are something, you know?? Your cards are ALL just sooooo incredible! I love how soft and feminine this one is - so perfect for its recipient! You stay safe too!

Jane Wetzel said...

Hi Kathy! Merry Christmas! Even tho I may not comment much I am following you! Blessings to you in the new year! BIG hugz, Jane :)

Leigh said...

Fabulous idea Kathy and a beautiful card.

Unknown said...

kathy,this is wonderful...so soft and feminine! love the pale pink, the ribbon, and the gorgeous flowers!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for last week...you did a wonderful job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails