Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Birthday Box

I made this for one of the Dare to Get Dirty Challenges at SCS, which was one of the non-card challenges.  I had this paper mache box that's been lurking around my house for a very long time that I decided was well overdue for a make over.  Around the base I added 4 panels of MME paper and for the top I used some pink MME for the base panel and more of the green for the layer.  Wrapped around both these panels is some pink satin ribbon.  I then stamped the sentiment from JustRite's new Birthday Centers Round set, cut it out with circle nestabilities and matted with pink cut with the matching scallop and popping it all up on foam tape.  To finish I added some pink ribbon around the rim of the lid and along the bottom of the box, some Kaisercraft Lush pearls to the lid and of course a pink bow!!

Stamps: Birthday Centres Round (JustRite) 
Paper: Pink Bazzill, White, MME DSP  
Ink: Versacolor 
Accessories: Large Circle, Big Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Pink Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, Paper Mache Box, Kaisercraft Lush Pearls.   

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

16 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning gift box Kathy!! I so love the pink and green with the ribbon embellishing. So elegant!

A Consuming Passion said...

Perfect little gift box Kathy - beautiful!

Kerrie said...

Gorgeous gift box, ... your bows are fantastic!... my show us one day!

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

Beautiful package Kathy :)
I love all the rich colors!!
See the is other alternatives then wrapping paper and gift bags and so clever.

AGohl said...

What a beautiful box. Whoever is the lucky recipient of this will love it!

Jessie said...

It's gorgeous Kathy!!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Kathy! What a beautiful way to present a special gift!

Margie said...

What a cute box - so sweet to give or recv. as a gift!

Renkata said...

Very elegant box.

Jodi Collins said...

This is just GORGEOUS Kathy! LOVE this!

velta said...

Oh my goodnes...what a stunning creation Kathy! You have outdone yourself with this one girl...Someone is going to be a happy camper to receive this beauty!

Wendy said...

I am just starting to use JustRite Stampers and I LOVE THEM. Your little box is adorable!!!

Mickie said...

Hello from Texas and yes that is a lovely creation. Just "tuned in" to your blog to enjoy your work.

Anonymous said...

You should be on Facebook. These are gorgeous. or Craigs list as well.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great job with the box Kathy, I love the colours and you managed to squeeze in plenty of your much loved ribbon!

Sharon said...

Such a beautiful gift box Kathy - love the colours and DSP.

Sharon x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails