Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Orange Butterflies

Here's yet another project I made for the DTGD challenges at SCS!  One thing about these challenges is that they often made you think outside the box and although this is quite different to the sorts of things I normally make, I did actually like the way it turned out.

I started by making the base out of Kraft using the Blossom 2 Nestabilities set.  Next I cut a piece of Tangerine Tango, pierced the edge and topped with more Kraft that has been stamped with Versamark using the Gerber Daisies set by Flourishes.  Down one side I've added some ivory satin ribbon and topped with orange dotted grosgrain ribbon.  I then stamped the two butterflies from the same set in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (YR12, YR16, YR18) and then cut them out and popped them up on foam tape.  To finish I added the sentiment, also from Gerber Daisies to the top of the card.

Stamps: Gerber Daisies (Flourishes)
Paper: X-press It Blending Card, Kraft, Tangerine Tango 
Ink: Versamark, Memento Rich Cocoa 
Accessories: Copics, Orange Spica Pen, Blossom 2 Nestabilities, Ivory Ribbon, Orange Organdy Ribbon, Scissors, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Foam Tape.   

 That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

16 comments:

Liz Weber said...

Hi Kathy, I really like how this card turned out, LOVE that flower shape and love the soft subtle flower images on the kraft card. That orange/kraft combo works fantastically! Hope you have a great week Kathy!

Kylie said...

Wow Kathy! This is truly beautiful! I love the butterflies and the colours are just gorgeous. I want those nesties now... lol.
Enjoy the rest of your week,
Hugs
Kylie

Sharon said...

WOW Kathy your butterflies are gorgeous. Great shaped card and I really like the Gerber Daisy background.

Sharon x

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW Kathy, I love this Spellbinder die and how you used the Flourishes Set with it!!! Fabulous card GF!!! Hugs ~S~

Yvonne Hagane said...

WOW! This is GORGEOUS Kathy!!
What a spectacular design and beautiful color combo!

Marisa said...

Wonderful shape to your circular card, Kathy! Love the sunflower theme and the butterflies are the perfect touch!

Danni said...

Very nice shaped card! I love how the butterflies pop off the card!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Kathy, OMGosh, this is one incredible card!!! The shape awesome and those butterflies are over the top beautiful!!! I love butterflies, you know ;D;D. Oh, I so need this Spellbinders die now. Hugs, Sabrina

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhh, so striking! Love teh orange with kraft!

Edna Morrisedie said...

I like that you tried something new, and the kraft/orange and BG stamping is fabbo! Bring them onnnnnn!

Jessie said...

I love this so much Kathy, what a wonderful card!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty! These colors are so cool and I like the shaped card.

Leigh said...

The colours are so very eye catching. Love the butterflies too.

Julie Koerber said...

Oh Kathy... this is one creative card. I love the soft daisies in the background and the beautifully colored butterflies! Fabulous!

Mona Pendleton said...

Stunning Kathy! Holy smokes! Those orange butterflies really pop & I love the way you showcased that Blossom 2 die template! Way to think outside the box :)

Michelle Woerner said...

Hey girl!! LOVE this . The amazing colors and those breathtaking butterflies. GREAT card! Hugs,

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails