Sunday, August 22, 2010

FS185 Happy Sunflowers

Hello Everyone, hope you are all having a great week-end!!  Sunday is Featured Stamper day and this week the honour goes to the super sweet Heather Prince (aka Princessheather).  Congratulations Heather, I'm so happy for you and enjoy your week in the spotlight!!!  :)  I chose her May Flowers card to case and kept to similar colours although I changed the flower image and sentiment.

I started with a base of Riding Hood Red and layered with Old Olive and two pieces of Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety DSP.  Between the two pieces of DSP I've added a scallop border punched piece like Heather did, using a different punch.  Over the top is a piece of red ribbon, which I've offset compared to Heather's down the middle.  The frame is from ODBD's Flower Frame 2 set and has been stamped in Memento Bamboo Leaves and hand cut.  I've used an oval mask in the middle and sponged a little to give a little dept.  I stamped the sunflowers from Harvest Blessings in Memento Rich Cocoa on X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (Y21, Y35, Y38, YR24, E35, E37, YG93, YG95, YG97).


 I then cut the sunflower out using the custom Large Sunflower Die and popped them up on foam tape.  The sentiment is also from Harvest Blessings and has been cut out with an oval punch and matted with red cut with the larger oval punch.  To finish I added a red bow made with my Bow Easy and a couple of red pearls to the corners.

Stamps - Harvest Blessings, Flower Frames 2 (ODBD)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety DSP
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa and Bamboo Leaves
Accessories - Copics, Large Sunflower Die, SU Scallop Border Punch, Small Oval and Large Oval Punch, Red Ribbon, Bow Easy, Scissors, Kaisercraft Red Pearls, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

17 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, I feel like I've missed so much while I was on vacation. Loooovin' the dimension on those sweet flowers and what an adorable bow. Perfect in every way, Kathy!

Renkata said...

very elegant. Love the design.

Michele Kovack said...

WOW! This is gorgeous!! Your coloring is off the charts and I adore those popped up sunflowers!

Marisa said...

There are those wonderful sunflowers again :D Great DPs and I love the frame around the main image panel. Totally tummy red bow too. Great card as always :D

velta said...

Hi there Kathy girl! My favorite thing about this card is that frame you used to surround the beautiful sunflowers...then the ribbon caught my eye...and last but not least the red pearls...geez you know how to dress up a gorgeous image!!

jjcreations said...

Gorgeous card - the sunflowers are wonderful.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Kathy, this is so BEAUTIFUL!!! I love everything about this card..the papers are wonderful and the way you have popped those sunflowes up....WOW! Oh, and don't let me forget this perfect bow...so gorgeous. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Linda Carson said...

Quite delightful!

ChristineCreations said...

Just beautifully colored Kathy!

Silke Ledlow said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Kathy!!! Love this new ODBD Set and how you design it!!! Hugs ~S~

Carolyn King said...

LOVELY card...your coloring is soo realistic!!

Kerrie said...

Wow, those popped out sunflowers are just stunning....

Colleen Dietrich said...

Kathy, this is such a nice tribute to Heather! I love how you cut out your sunflowers. Lots of fussy cutting, but well worth it. :)

Sharon said...

Hi Kathy,

Your sunflowers are just beautiful. I know you used a die to cut the flowers but did you have to hand cut all the stems?? Love your papers and of course that stunning bow :)

Sharon x

Rosie said...

Love your sunflower card.

lighthouse lover said...

Ohh the disappointment you must have had when you did get your set on time. But,,, think of all the inspiration you are seeing from others and how YOU will create your masterpiece once it does arrive. Who would have though that a stamp with just borders could create such wonderful cards.
Hope you get your next set ON TIME ...can't wait to see your creations!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Yes'm, I love the sunflowers, they look good popped up in the frame, love that dottie paper too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails