Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sunflower Blessings

Hello Everyone!!  Today I was playing with the new Harvest Blessings set by Our Daily Bread Designs - I was planning to make a completely different card, but this is how it turned out!  Sometimes that's just how it goes!!  :)  This fits for both the F4A24 Challenge to use an image from a garden and for the CopicOz Challenge to use Copic Markers to colour Flowers!

I started with a base of Old Olive and layered with white and then two pieces of Devonshire Collection DSP, topping with some yummy striped ribbon from Stacy that I've been hoarding for ages.  Next I stamped the sunflowers and matching verse from Harvest Blessings in Memento Rich Cocoa onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (Y35, Y38, YR24, E35, E37, G24, G28, BG0000) and added a little white gel pen for highlights.  I cut this out using Petite Oval Nestabilities and matted with the matching scallop in Chocolate Chip and popped it all up on foam tape.  To finish I added a few Kaisercraft Blush Pearls to the corners.

Stamps - Harvest Blessings (ODBD)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, White, Kasiercraft Devonshire Collection DSP
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories - Copics, Large Petite Oval and Scallop Oval Nestabilities, Striped Ribbon, Kaisercraft Blush Pearls, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

15 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful colors and coloring!....LOVE the white highlights you added!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is just beautiful! Your colouring is outstanding as ever, Kathy. I love the DP and the stripy ribbon x

Michelle Woerner said...

Hi love! This is very cute. It looks like they are dancing! really fun and I love that Devonshire paper!! Hugs,

Marisa said...

Fabulous autumn colours, and wonderfully coloured as always :D I just love that wide striped ribbon.

I'm almost finished book three - may have to stay up late tonite to finish it! Midnight has now become my new bedtime LOL and I can't wait to read what happens next. There are so many twists and turns and I just love the dynamics of their relationship. Good thing I still have three more to go!! Have a fabulous day :D

Silke Ledlow said...

So so beautiful Kathy!!! Love this sunflower image and your coloring rocks!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Sabrina Jackson said...

Kathy, Kathy, Kathy, girl, this is so gorgeous!!! Love that DP (have to find some of is ;D;D) and your coloring....amazing!!! Hugs, Sabrina

Leigh said...

Great papers with the image just right to go with them. Love that striped ribbon.

Kerrie said...

When you have something in mind and it turns out totally different, most of the time its for the best... and your card is just stunning.

Edna Morrisedie said...

The flowers are lots of fun, and I like the bright papers, very cheeky!

Angelwood said...

This is a beautiful image! Your coloring is fantastic - love the cheerful colors! hugs, Angela

Grace said...

Hi Kathy! Oh wow is this every gorgeous! I love that dp!!!! So gorgeous and your coloring... well... it's over the top! Love the fun feel you've created... just beautiful!

Jean McKenzie said...

I love this bright happy card! Sunflowers are such a happy flower! That DSP is gorgeous - goes perfectly and your shading is beautiful as always!

Betty Wright said...

This is just gorgeous and so beautifully colored, Kathy! I think I need to get some of that striped ribbon! Wonderful card!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful colors and coloring Kathy!! Love the dp and the white highlights you added.
hugs,
Chris

Colleen Dietrich said...

Kathy, I love when you do sunflowers! It really grabs my attention. I just signed up to 'follow' you. Your work is sunny and bright and happy, so I want to see all your new creations.

By the way, thanks for leaving me a comment on my 'Flourishes Style Card' at my blog recently. You made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails