Monday, August 2, 2010

It's a Beautiful Challenge!


Hello Everyone and welcome to the very first Flourishes Bring Back Beautiful Challenge! This team was started by Flourishes to truly showcase beauty in card making – whether it just be in a beautifully colored image, a fabulous way to incorporate an embellishment or a new twist on a card layout. Today kicks off our first challenge with a look at one of the things that can evoke a lot of beauty in card making – COLOUR! Here’s your challenge: pick your favorite medium – watercolor, colored pencils, markers, alcohol inks… the sky is the limit! Show off your color and join us! Link up your Bring Back Beautiful Challenge creation HERE to enter. If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword BBB01. You have until August 31st  to enter! As we unveil our challenge for September, we’ll share our True Beauties – those card makers who wowed us with this challenge! Winners will be featured on the Flourishes Blog and will receive a True Beauty blog button to display proudly on their blog! 

For this month's challenge I decided to focus on the colour YELLOW!  It's such a bright, happy colour and what could be happier than a bunch of beautiful daffodils???  I started with a base of yellow bazzill and layered with white (pierced) and then some Thrift Shop DSP.  The next panel is more white, punched with the MS Iron Gate border punch and topped with yet more Thrift Shop DSP.  I stamped these gorgeous daffodils from Flourishes' A Year in Flowers 1 stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black on X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics - Y21, Y35, Y38, YG11, YG13, YG17, B0000.  It was then cut out with Large Circle Nestabilities and matted with the matching Circle Scallop and popped up on foam tape on top of the Label 1 Nestabilitities layer.  The sentiment is from Flourishes' Tag Lines set and has also been stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and cut out with Ribbon Tag Trio Spellbinders and attached to the card with some 1/2" white satin ribbon.

Stamps - A Year in Flowers 1, Tag Lines (Flourishes)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, White, October Afternoon Thrift Shop DSP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Label 1, Large Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Ribbon Tag Trio Shapeabilities, MS Iron Gate Border Punch, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Foam Tape.

I am just thrilled to be a part of this new team - I mean seriously, have you seen the talent on this team!!!!  Just wait until you see what BEAUTIFUL creations the other Beauty Girls have made....

Thank you for stopping by and I can't wait to see your Beautiful projects!!  :)

32 comments:

Marisa said...

Wow, what a team! Congrats!!! Love your daffodil. The border punch is fabulous as are the colours and your colouring of the image.

Kerrie said...

Such as super spring card, its just around the corner...

Linda Carson said...

WOW! That's a beauty!

Yvonne Hagane said...

That`s absolutely stunning, Kathy!!
I love the yellow, and your coloring looks AMAZING!!
Hugs.

A Consuming Passion said...

Your card reminds me of Easter..... not sure if its the flowers or the colour! It certainly is a beauty!

Becca Feeken said...

Kathy you are on a roll girl!! Everything you touch turns out amazing!! I love this card - it's perfect in every way!!

Elly said...

Wow, what a beauty!! Normaly I'm not such a "yellow person" , but this card is really wonderful in al those different shades of yellow!!

hugs, Elly

Edna Morrisedie said...

Looks beautiful Kathy, I love all the yellow and you did a great job piecing it all together!!

Congrats on your new sketch team appointment, hope you enjoy your time there!

Annette Bowes said...

Just been looking around your blog Kathy and drooling! Your colouring is amazing such beautiful creations!! These daffodils are no exception.
Congratulations on your new DT position, well done, take careX:)

Julie Koerber said...

I know this is going to sound strange but your card is absolutely yummy! I love the beautiful yellow and this layout is to die for! Just perfect!

Tammy E. said...

This card is absolutely beautiful! I love the soft colors and design.

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS kATHY.

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

Love love the color you chose and the layout is really clever:)You defiantly know how to make card making look easy..
I just love to see what you create and this is fantastic:)

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

Kathy, this is stunning! Your coloring is perfect and so is your sketch with the DP that you used. Amazing work!

Beate said...

Kathy, your card looks amazing! I love the happy feel you created with all the yellow not only in your image, but from the paper as well. Your coloring is beautiful! LOVE the border on the bottom as well as the beautiful sentiment tag.
Hugs and smiles

Renkata said...

Amaizing card. Such a warm and beautiful project.

Betty Wright said...

Stunning in Yello! Gorgeous detailing and coloring, Kathy! Beautifully done!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh I love all these yellows Kathy! Beautifully crafted! And you're a perfect fit for this beautiful team!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Woo hoo Kathy!! I am so excited for you and this team!! You so rock!! Congrats! I just love your card and your details!! Gorgeous!!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm loving this challenge! All the cards are well worth the time to hop around and take a look. Love your yellows with the daffodils. I'm a fan of yellow which, as you say, is such a cheerful color. Your card is just gorgeous, Kathy! I'm so glad to see you on this fabulous team!

Tangii Crain said...

Gorgeous Kathy! The coloring is fabulous, and the card is just stunning!

Velta said...

H my Kathy this is stunningly beautiful!!! You have outdone yourself on this one...should be put in a frame, or under a dome...course you could always give it to me...in a HARD CORE BOX or you could send it by the CIS...sry...I get carried away when I see such awesome work...Thank you for sharing :)

Sharon said...

So bright and beautiful - I love your daffodils :)

Sharon x

Francie G. said...

Totally beautiful, Kathy! Fab coloring!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey GF...I love this new blog team!!! You all are awesome and I can't wait to see what else you guys create!!!

Your card today is gorgeous and so vibrant!!! Your coloring is amazing and I'm lovin' the punched border too!!! Hugs ~S~

Unknown said...

Welcome to the Flourishes family, Kathy!! I can't wait to see your work with BBB challenge every month!
This card is super beautiful!! Amazing coloring and gorgeous details!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Stunning card Kathy! Love the vibrant yellow daffodils! Your flowers look real!

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS Kathy.

Leigh said...

Kathy, I love daffodils and these are particularly beautiful. Once again a fabulous card.

Liz Weber said...

Wow just breathtaking Kathy, that colour scheme is so refreshing, and I just love the spellbinders combo! FAB work as always with your gorgeous stamping and colouring in!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

And what a Happy Hello this beautiful is! Fantastic coloring. I am so behind on my blurfing I have 20+ cards of yours to view, so I won't comment on all of them, but there are a LOT of wonderful little works of art here! Congrats on the Flourishes Design Team gig!!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Kathy.. I am so sorry it took me so long to get over here and comment.. LOVE the colors.. Great job..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails