Thursday, August 12, 2010

Groovy Snowgirl

Hello Everyone!!  Well I don't know about you, but where I live at the moment it's freezing cold and the wind is HOWLING!  UGH!!!  Typical August weather......which means it's perfect for staying in and creating cards!!!  :)  Since I feel cold, I was in the mood to make something resembling cold weather and reached for my Groovy Snowman set and decided to use this super cute snowgirl!!!  I've also loosely based it on this week's 2 Sketches 4 You challenge and used a circle instead of a rectangle.

I started with a base of white and layered with pink bazzill and topped with another piece of white that has been embossed with a snowflake EF and then sponged with Pretty in Pink ink.  The next panel is more sponged white that has been punched with the MS Loop punch and topped with Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly DSP.  Across this I've added some pink satin ribbon.  I stamped my Groovy Snowman (Snowgirl) in Memento Tuxedo Black on X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (R81, R83, R85, R89, G40, G82, BG0000, C1, Y21, Y35, Y38).  I cut it out with large circle nestabilities and matted with some hazel bazzill cut with big scallop circle nestabilities and popped it all up on foam tape.  To finish I added a big pink bow and topped it with a snowflake (MS punch) and clear rhinestone and added more clear rhinestones to the corners.

JustRite Stampers are now stocking ALL 24 colours of Memento Ink and they are perfect for stamping your images - especially if you want to use Copics to colour them!!!  Personally I love Memento Ink and already have a few colours, but I certainly have a wish list for more!!!  ;-)

Stamps - Groovy Snowman (JustRite)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, White, Pink and Hazel Bazzill, Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly DSP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Pretty in Pink
Accessories - Large Circle and Big Scallop Circle Nestabilities, MS Loop Border Punch, MS Snowflake Punch, 1" Pink Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, Kaisercraft Clear Rhinestones, X-press It Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

21 comments:

Liz Weber said...

HI Kathy, I just LOVE this weather we are having, definitely perfect for staying warm inside and creating more cards! Love this snowman card, only you could make a snowman card so pretty and girly! Love the colours you used on the image. Hope you guys have a great week.

Jessie said...

This is so pretty Kathy and I love the image, so cute!

Sharon said...

Hi Kathy,

WOW I can really relate to your snowgirl today! That wind is freezing. Love your snowgirl and the way you've topped your trademark "Kathy Bow" with the gorgeous snowflake :) Beautiful soft pink - love it!

Sharon x

Mandi-Lee said...

cute card kath...i love it!
xxx

Yvonne Hagane said...

GASP! This is so BEAUTIFUL!! The pink edges really makes the card GLOW! Absolutely gorgeous, Kathy!
Hugs.

Judy Covey said...

Beautiful card Kathy. I love the way that you sponged the outer portions and I adore the pink.

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

What a fun card:)

Regina Mangum said...

Kathy, this is GORGEOUS! Love Christmas in August. Thanks for joining us this week at 2S4Y!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh SOFT and PRETTY!

Marlene said...

What a gorgeous card!

It's been in the 90's here (over 35 celsius) for 40 days!!! I think I'd take the howling cold wind right about now....maybe.

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my Kathy! I love the way you colored the snowman! Your card is gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration - I am going to attempt to color him - I am sure it will not turn out as beautiful as yours!

Sabrina Jackson said...

OMGOsh, Kathy, this is so sweet!!! I absolutely love the embossing and your amazing coloring on this groovy snowgirl!!! Another masterpiece by you my friend!!! Hugs, Sabrina

velta said...

Oooohhhh I love Christmas in Pink!!! This is so inspiring that it makes me want to CASE it right now, but I am at work... and so I cannot...maybe tonight...thanks for sharing Kathy!!

Laura Davis said...

What a cute card! I love all the details :)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Leigh said...

Oh yes I love this card. I just want to know how you do it Kathy, all those fiddley bits to colour with the copics. I wish I had your control over where the jolly colour goes. lol

Linda Carson said...

Super cute!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wow, I always forget how our weather is COMPLETELY opposite of you guys 'til I see you mention it in your posts. Boy, stay warm, girlie.

I love love LOOOOVE this card with all the pink and embossed snowflakes. BEAUTIFUL!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful, Kathy! Love your snowgirl!

Sarah Bennett said...

Wow- where I am it's beach weather and very odd to be thinking of snow right now! The colors in your snowy card are so pretty, and your coloring is awesome!

cnelson said...

perfectly perfect!! LOOOOOOOVE this!!

Monica said...

I absolutely LOVE this card!! I have to order this set! Love the pink!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails