Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Touch of Nature

Hi Everyone!!  Today at JustRite we are featuring the new Nature Nested Sentiments and Verse set!  I've also used it with the Back Yard Birds set that we featured yesterday!!  :)  Have you seen that JusRite are also stocking 96 Copic Colours??  All the colours I've used on today's card can all be found on the JustRite website (they are only available to the USA and Canada).

I started with a base of white and layered with Riding Hood Red (embossed with Nat EF).  The middle panel is more white punched on each side with the Martha Stewart Iron Gate Border Punch and then topped with more embossed red card.  I then stamped the Cardinal from JustRite's Back Yard Birds set in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (B000, G24, G28, E21, E25, E29, C1, C3, C5, R24, R29, Y15, Y17).  It's been cut out with Spellbinders Large Circle Nestabilities - I just love the fact that the JustRite stamps are designed to co-ordinate perfectly with Spellbinders, makes it sooooooo easy!!!!  I decided to frame the circle with a piece of white cut with the Blossom 2 Nestabilities and I added a bit of sparkle to the edges with a Clear Spica and then popped it up on foam tape.  The sentiment is from the new Nature Nested Sentiments and Verse and has been cut with Label 4 Nestabilities and I've sponged a little blue around the middle and attached over the white satin ribbon.

Stamps - Nature Nested Sentiments and Verse and Back Yard Birds (JustRite)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, White, Riding Hood Red
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Large Circle Nestabilities, Blossom 2 Nestabilities and Label 4 Nestabilities, MS Iron Gate Border Punch, Nat EF, White Satin Ribbon, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

10 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so incredibly elegant Kathy!! I so love everything about it!! The colors and use of punches and your coloring are perfect.
hugs,
Chris

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Kathy! Love the combination of dies and punches and your fabulous image!!

Marisa said...

Love the punched white border strips down the sides and the light shading on the sentiment panel. Of course your colouring is superb but that goes without mentioning. Lovely card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Another gorgeous card Kathy! Love that vibrant Cardinal!

Grace said...

Oh this is stunning Kathy! I love your coloring!!! Love the punch and color combo... it's GREAT!!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh so so PRETTY!

Renkata said...

So elegant.
Love the layout.

Sharon said...

Hi Kathy,

This is a really bright and beautiful card! I love the shade of red you've used. I do keep promising myself that I'll start my Christmas cards early this year!

Sharon x

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! The fancy edge is awesome and the red and white combo is perfect.

Edna Morrisedie said...

I love the rail-roaded border punching and the red bird is fabbo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails