Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Peaceful Sunflowers

Today I had the chance to play the SCS Sketch Challenge early!!  Wonders will never cease!!  :)  I also got to play with some new toys today - Flower Frames 2 and the brand new Small Sunflower DIE that matches the sunflower stamp from Happy Fall!!  I tell you, that die cuts FANTASTICALLY!!!  I was super impressed with it!!!!

The base is some yellow bazzill and I've topped it with Chocolate Chip and some Origins DSP.  The next panel is more Origins DSP that's been cut with the Mega Curved Rectangle Nestabilities.  The vertical panel is more Chocolate Chip punched on one side with the Arch Lattice Punch, topped with more yellow bazzill embossed with Polka Dot EF.  Around this panel I've attached some white May Arts ribbon.  I've stamped the Flower Frames 2 and the verse from Happy Fall in Memento Rich Cocoa and cut it out and popped it up on foam tape.  The sunflowers are also from Happy Fall and I've stamped them in Memento Rich Cocoa on X-press It Blending Card and coloured them with Copics (Y21, Y17, Y38, YR24, E35, YG95, YG97).  I then used the brand new Small Sunflower Die to cut the sunflowers out and they cut soooooooooooo beautifully!!!  To finish I added a few Chocolate Pearls to the frame and the corner and of course added a big bow made with my Bow Easy!!  :)

Stamps - Happy Fall, Flower Frames 2
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Yellow Bazzill, Chocolate Chip, Basic Grey Origins DSP
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories - Copics, Mega Curved Rectangle Nestabilities, MS Arch Lattice Punch, Polka Dot EF, Small Sunflower Die, May Arts Ribbon, Bow Easy, Scissors, Kaisercraft Chocolate Pearls, X-press It Foam Tape.

Many thanks to all my friends who've been supportive this week.  The good news is that my hubby is recovering well from his car accident......the bad news is that the car has been written off!  :(  I so appreciate everyone's love and support this week!!!  THANK YOU!!

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

12 comments:

Sharon said...

Such a beautiful card Kathy - with a gorgeous bow! I just love your bows :)

Sorry to hear of your Hubby's accidient but happy to hear he is well.

Sharon x

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

Great card!! I just love sunflowers I really like the way your sentiment came out:)

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my, Kathy, this is so BEAUTIFUL!!! Everything on this card is perfection to the 'T'.....gorgeous!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Danni said...

I've been thinking of you! Hugs!!
Gorgeous card, just gorgeous!

Marisa said...

I'm beginning to think you have a love affair with sun flowers LOL! Great DPs and layout. Glad you had time to stamp. We are into out second set of swimming lessons so the chlorine smell is back LOL! Verve release on Friday so I have HAD to stay up late and stamp in the hopes of winning some free Verve. Oh the things one does....LOL! Have a great day :D

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Kathy! Love all the layers & your perfectly tied bow :)

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Kathy this is so gorgeous! Don't you just love those new dies?!!! Glad your hubby is fine but sorry about the car!

Karen L said...

Kathy, i just love this card - love the papers, and I especially love your bow. Just wish i could tie bows as pretty as this one.

Grace said...

Oh Kathy this is so pretty! The papers are just perfect for it!!! So glad your dh is ok!!!
Hugs,
Grace

Denise Marzec said...

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear about your car but I'm glad your hubby is okay. {{{HUGS}}}

Love the papers on your card.

Leigh said...

I like sunflowers and this card is lovely. Hope you and yours are doing well after your ordeal.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Nice job with the framed sentiment and the corner flowers, I like that paper too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails