Monday, April 13, 2009

Featured Stamper - **INGE**

It's time for the Featured Stamper Challenge over at SCS!! This week the honour goes to **INGE**! Congrats Inge!! I've chosen THIS CARD to case.
I started with a base of Very Vanilla, layered with some pink Bazzill (pierced of course! :) ) and layered again with this yummy 'Bittersweet' Basic Grey paper. Then (shock, horror!!) I actually got out the sewing machine and zig zag stitched around the edge!! I added some of my favourite corner embellishments (Provocraft 'Vintage' dies) and the sentiment (from SU's Occassional Greetings, or All Holidays if in North America). I found the idea for this stunning Filigree Medallion at Becca Feeken's Blog - she has the most amazing ideas for punches and dies and her card designs are stunning! I used the 'Floral Accent' die set by Spellbinders to cut out each piece and then glued them together to make the medallion, then I added some 'Blush' pearls by Kaiser craft. The panel it sits on is the Label 4 die set - I cut the largest one out and then cut the middle with the next size down. Underneath that is some vellum so the paper shows through. I finished off by adding some ribbon to each side.
Once again for the Aussies, the Bazzill, Spellbinders Dies and Provocraft cuttlebug dies are available through my friends at ABSA - click on 'craft' on the left hand side. They are slowly updating their website, so if you can't find what you are looking for contact them via phone, fax or email and they'll be more than willing to help.
I know I made this all sound easy, but honestly this card took FOREVER and nearly drove me insane trying different things. I'm sending this card to my Mum for Mother's Day, as another cardmaker, I know she'll appreciate it!! :)
That's all for today, thanks for visiting!! :)

8 comments:

Kelley said...

Omigosh!! Awesome!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Cool, looks good embossed too, I played with mine today but haven't put it together yet, plans are rather different to yours -- go figure :-) Well done I am sure she will LOVE it!!

Denise Marzec said...

Breathtaking!! Your medallion is perfect and the papers are gorgeous!

Judy Rozema said...

Totally stunning!

Renee said...

Wow!! Beautiful!

LaurieF said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! What an amazing medallion Kathy! Stunning Mother's Day card.

jhet said...

This is so wonderful Kathy! I'm sure your mum will love it. I don't have my mum anymore..she passed away almost 9 yrs ago.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzers! Thud!! That is my draw dropping over this stunning creation!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails