Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hot Pink and Super Fast!!!

Ever have one of those cards that has to be made super fast --- this is one of mine! A friend asked me for a card, but it wasn't needed until next week (excellent......you know I've been busy enjoying this week after all!!!) - until I get a phone call asking if I could make it that day.....to post in 2 hours!!! YIKES!!! All I knew was that it was for a 50th birthday for someone called Helen who loved Hot Pink, Black and White!

The first thing I had to do was find some hot pink and scored when I found this fab damask pink and black paper lurking in my paper box. I have no idea where I found it, but it's by 'Glitz' and called 'Hot Mama Brocade'. I set to work --- I had 1 1/2 hrs! I started with a base of white, layered with black, pink and the brocade paper. I love Just Rite Stampers for this sort of thing, it personalises and can become the focal point of a card. I used the Small Letter Set to create the outer sentiment and the Special Occasions Font for the '50'. It was cut out with my circle nestabilities (the 50 was punched with a 1 1/4in punch and popped up). I used the next size up to cut a pink layer that I embossed with 'Textile' EF. Finally I mounted it all on the black layer that has been cut using the Label 3 nestabilities. Add a wide sheer ribbon and lots of pink bling on the centre piece and corners and hey presto, one super fast card!!! I got the card to her just in time.....and she said it would be perfect for her hot pink loving friend! Whew!!

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!! :)



5 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Hot pink, super fast...and TOTALLY BEAUTIFUL, Kathy! Love how elegant this is!

A Consuming Passion said...

Wow what a great job under pressure!!
Love it.

Julia Aston said...

What a great card Kathy! don't you love when they fall together like that!

Jane said...

Love it!! The pink and black.

Jane :0)
xx

Renee said...

Another gorgeous card! What great colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails