Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Masculine 40th Birthday



I have just received a whole lot of exciting things in the mail over the last couple of days and sadly have not had time to play with them. School went back this week after the Easter break and my 3yr old son is struggling with asthma. Last night he had a bad attack that nearly had us going to the hospital. Today we are seeing the doctor to have him checked.
I made this card the other day as a friend needed a 40th birthday card for her male friend. I decided (being a male card) to go with a fairly basic design.
I started with a base of Always Artichoke, layered with Very Vanilla (pierced of course!), and again with some Close to Cocoa. Then I took a piece of Le Jardin paper (retired) and cut it in half and used each side, putting some yummy Close to Cocoa satin ribbon (retired) over the join. The main panel is VV matted with C to C and pierced. The 'FORTY' has been stamped in AA with the retired Headline Alphabet, cut out and popped up on foam squares. The sentiment below was made using the Just Rite Brayton Font and the rectangular stamper. Finished off by adding some copper brads to the corners.
That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!! :)

6 comments:

jhet said...

Nice and easy masculine card, Kathy. Hope your little one is doing okay now. My little Jhetro is sick with fever on the other hand, and maybe it's due to the weather change. It's cold here in Sydney atm.

Take care and keep me posted. Will pray for your son. =)

HUgs,
Jhet

Renee said...

I really like the masculine card...great man card! Sorry to hear about your little one I hope he's better soon :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a great Masculine card!! Perfect colors and design Kathy!! Sorry to hear about your son. My oldest daughter struggles with Asthma too. It is getting better as she is getting older (there may be hope for your son as well) but we have had many close calls and ER visits. You and your son are in my prayers. Nobody knows how hard it is to deal with kids that are struggling to breathe from Asthma unless you have experienced it. Take care and I hope all goes well. I remember several times laying next to my daughter afraid she was going to take her next breath. I thank God for his peace at those times.
hugs,
Chris

Denise Marzec said...

Hope your appointment for your son went well.

SUPER masculine card. The colors, striped pattern, and the big *forty* look GREAT!

Alex said...

Love this masculine card so much, I had to case it for a female version - thank you for the inspiration.

Alex from England x

Kim said...

Great card! I used your card as an inspiration for my own version! It is so tough for me to come up with ideas for masculine cards. Thank you so much for sharing your creations!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails