Friday, April 17, 2009

Verve Release Challenge Number 4



Ever have one of those days when you know what you want to try and do, but things just don't come together?? I had one of those days! Honestly I very nearly threw this card in the bin and started over! However, I need to get the final card in for the Verve Release Challenge so I persevered, although I don't know if I'm entirely happy with it.
The challenge is to create a card using soft yellow, soft blue and brown.....I decided to use this week's Mojo Monday sketch as well.
I started with a base of So Saffron, layered with some Fawn Bazzill (edge pierced and bottom punched with the Fiskars 'Lace' punch) and layered again with Paper Salon Enamored:fleur de lis paper (bottom punched). At the bottom I've added some blue satin ribbon, layered yellow and blue flowers and used the Martha Stewart 'Branch' punch for some foliage and a blue rhinestone for the centre. The main panel has been stamped using Verve's 'Beautiful You' set, inked in Cocoa versacolour, cut out and embossed with square nestabilities and layered on some SS (edge pierced). The bottom square is more SS with the edges pierced and the whole panel has been popped up on foam tape. Finished off by adding a couple of clear dew drops that arrived in the mail today from ODBD (I was SO excited!! You have no idea how hard these are to find in Australia!!).
The other interesting thing today is that I had a request via SCS (*waving to Jill*) to add a 'Subscribe by email' function to the blog - after a lot of looking around and checking things out I finally added one, so if you want to get updates in your inbox you can!
Well that's all for today - wish me luck in the Verve Challenges, maybe I'll get lucky this time!!! :) Thanks for visiting!!! :)

8 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE what you did with the colors. So soft and pretty!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous! And elegant! And beautiful!
God Bless! Angella

Jane said...

The colours work really well together, lovely card.

Jane :0)

xx

Renee said...

This is great! I love it :)

jhet said...

Lovely Kathy! I don't have any Verve stamps yet so I can't join the challenge, lol! I like the colours...actually, they're my kind of colours...brownish! HAve a nice day!

Anne Laflamme said...

Very beautiful.... congratulation

LaurieF said...

Oh Kathy, I think this card is fabulous! I am so happy you didn't give up on it.

Kristina Little said...

I love the card, as always! You are an amazingly talented woman!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails