Friday, April 3, 2009

SC222 - Brother Birthday



It's the dreaded MAN CARD!!! Am I the only one that struggles with cards for men? I've decided to use this week's Sketch Challenge over at SCS to make a birthday card for my brother who is a very handyman/earthy kind of guy!
I started with a base of brown bazzill, topped with some Very Vanilla (pierced of course!) and then some dark green bazzill that I embossed with 'Distressed Stripes' embossing folder. Across the bottom I've added some paper by Heidi Grace, stamped the sentiment from SU's 'Occasional Greetings' (All Holidays) and then put copper brads in each corner. The main image is from SU's 'For Father' that I stamped in black on white card and coloured with markers and a blender using the same green and brown tones and then the edges were sponged with Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa. It was then layered on some green and brown bazzill, punched the side and added some ribbon and more brads.
That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!! :)

9 comments:

Michelle Woerner said...

Hey girl -you did great! This is an awesome guy card. The colors are perfect, the simple brads and image -all perfection!

AND, I totally love that beautiful wedding card below. So soft and wonderful! Hugs,

Holly aka Toy said...

I don't know about "dreaded"! I think it is awesome!!!

Very handsome card :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is a wonderful masculine card Kathy!!! The colors and stamp are perfect!!

Jane said...

No, your not the only one that has trouble with cards for men! lol You have done well with this one though, it is fab.

Jane :0)
xx

Edna Morrisedie said...

Boys are boring aren't they!!! I am sure he will like it, clean lines and tool things and all!!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

I just love this card, Kathy! Great colors and textures!!!
God Bless! Angella

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I am missing your great creations Kathy!! I left you an award on my blog.
God bless!
Chris

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, I LOVE your masculine card! Perfect image and perfect colors/patterns. Love it all!!

LaurieF said...

Awesome masculine b'day card Kathy! I love the distressed striped embossed bg you used with your image.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails