Saturday, April 11, 2009

SFYTT Butterfly 40th



I am so, so late doing this week's SFYTT challenge - so late the next one is almost due to be posted. I really wanted to do this a bit earlier but with school holidays and Easter, time really got away from me this week. This one is for a good friend of mine having her 40th Birthday this week! :)
I started this card with a Very Vanilla base, layered with some teal cardstock I found somewhere (world win papers) that was pierced and layered again with this pretty paper by DCWV (Nana's Nursery - Boy). The rectangle layer is from the same paper pack, matted with more teal and punched the edge using the Fiskars 'Lace' Border Punch and tied with some ivory satin ribbon around it. The small squares are VV, matted with more teal and stamped using SU's 'Pocket Silhouettes' in Versacolor - Celadon. The butterflies have been punched using Martha Stewart's Royal Butterfly punch (you still can't buy MS anywhere in Australia :( ) and embellished with some Kaisercraft 'Blush' pearls. Finally the main panel has been cut using the new Label 3 dies by Spellbinders - I pierced the curves and put some pearls in the corners and popped it up. Then I used the Circle Nestabilities to cut the floral circle. The sentiment has been made using the Just Rite Stampers - Small Letter Set and Special Occasions Font. I love that the Just Rite Stampers co-ordinate perfectly with the circle Nestabilities!!! I did punch out the '40' using a 1 1/4in punch so that it didn't obscure part of the sentiment and popped it up.
For the Aussies - the Spellbinders, Just Rite and Fiskars products are all available through my friends at ABSA , if you can't see what you are looking for contact them and they'll be more than willing to help!!
I guess that's all for me today. I wish you all a very blessed and happy Easter!!! Thanks for stopping by!! :)

7 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzers Kathy!! I love this card!! The colors and stamp combo is FAB! Great job on the sketch!! You will make your friend's day.

Jane Wetzel said...

whoa Kathy!!! You are knocking me out lately!! SOOOOOO AWESOME!! ;0
Wishing u many blessing this Easter..:) Jane

Denise Marzec said...

I love love LOOOOOOOVE this card, Kathy. Wow!! The shades of blue and dainty touch of butterflies is just SOOOOO pretty!

pf said...

This is such an elegant card Cathy, I love the butterflies, the little pearl beads make them look so delicate and I love what you did around the 40th birthday sentiment, gorgeous.

Paula
P.S I dont have any bunny stamps either...I drew my bunny and painted him...give it a go and see how you go. I would love to see one of your cards in my challenge...one day maybe... :)

Renee said...

This is gorgeous Kathy! I love love love the butterflies!

LaurieF said...

Gorgeous birthday card Kathy. Your friend is absolutely going to love getting this card. So pretty!

Gail G. said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous and gentle. I hope you don't mind if I case it for my daughter's birthday card. It's perfect. Thanks for your inspiration.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails