Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Sage Wedding

Today I had to make a wedding card. The colours for this special occasion were white and a green that was VERY close to Sage Shadow I went digging to see what I could come up with.
The base is some gorgeous Bazzill from their 'Wedding' collection - it has a soft sheen like satin and has a very soft stripe through it. Then I topped it with some silver card. I used some foam tape to pop the whole square layer on top of that - a layer of Sage Shadow and some more Bazzill from the 'Wedding' collection - this time it still has that soft sheen, but it is covered in embossed butterflies!! Around this layer I've added some 1 inch white grosgrain ribbon, some sage satin ribbon and then this gorgeous sage and white rose braid that matched perfectly!! Then I tied some white organza ribbon into a bow and added some silver cord and a white rose bud. The main panel I stamped using the Just Rite Stampers - the Brayton Font and the Rectangular Block - in black ink. The '&' is from SU's 'Together Forever' set and stamped in Sage Shadow. (Thanks HEAPS to my BFF Edna who let me borrow her set!) It was cut out using the Label 1 Nestabilities dies and then it was glued to some Sage Shadow card and I hand cut a fine edge around it. Finished off by adding some white Kaisercraft Pearls to the corner!
If you are in Australia - the Nestabilities, Just Rite Stampers and Bazzill cardstock are all available through my friends at ABSA .
That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!! :)

9 comments:

Denise said...

Beautiful & very elegant!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love how you did the ribbon on this card!! It is so soft and elegant!! beautiful!!

Jane Wetzel said...

This is just breathtaking! I love that squiggley verticle ribbon!!!

pf said...

Absolutley stunning!

Edna Morrisedie said...

This came together well, ribbon looks good, I am sure she will be very happy with it!!!

LaurieF said...

Kathy, your card is absolutely stunning. So gorgeous!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Stunning! Love that trim and your ribbon treatment!

Lorelie Kim said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL and ELEGANT card!! Love your bow and trims!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOVE this!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails