Monday, July 27, 2009

DTGD09 For a Fanpire...

Come on hands up how many of you thought of Twilight when you saw a challenge for Black, White and a splash of Red??? Obviously I did and considering I just got these fab Twilight stamps from Artful Inkables that my GF Michelle (aka sf9erfan) sent on for me - how could I resist??? :) Actually I managed to combine 3 challenges in this card - Jen's, Kim's and Sharon's. This card is going to the 15yr old daughter of one of my friends who is a huge Fanpire!!! Hope she likes it!!!

I started with a base of Black Bazzill, layered with White and then some Kaisercraft Argentella DSP. The main panel is from Into the Moonlight by Artful Inkables and has been stamped in black on watercolour paper twice and coloured using a Real Read ink pad and a blender pen and an aqua painter. I cut one of the images out with the Large Circle Nestabilities and matted it with some red bazzill cut with the Large Pinking Circle Nestabilities. With the second image I cut out the apple and the flower head and popped them up on foam tape. The sentiment is from Fictionally Inspired also by Artful Inkables and has been stamped in black on white and cut out with the Label 4 Nestabilities. I've punched a small hole in one corner and strung it with some silver cord. I finished off by looping it over some knotted red satin ribbon attached across the bottom of the card.

Stamps - Into the Moonlight, Fictonally Inpsired (Artful Inkables)

Paper - Black, White, Red, Kaisercraft Argentella DSP

Ink - Black, Real Red

Accessories - Blender pen, Aqua Painter, foam tape, Red satin ribbon, Label 4 Nestabilities, Lg Circle Nestabilties, Lg Pinking Circle Nestabilities, silver cord, 1/16th circle punch.

Well that's another 3 challenges down - 10 to go!!! :) That's all for now, thanks for visiting!!! :)

12 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Great Card Kathy - very dramatic!!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Perfect!!!!!

Betty Wright said...

Kathy, this is fantastic!!! Wonderful ratio of these colors and love the cut work detailing!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so beautifully done Kathy! Love your use of those colors!! Your cutting is awesome. Your friend will love it!!

jhet said...

Lovely colors!! Elegant looking Kathy! Miss chatting with you. Take care! ♥

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous card - Kathy!!! This is my favorite color combo!!! Hugs ~S~

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty (even if I haven't seen the movies or read the books) glad Michelle was able to entice you. hee hee

ellepaulette said...

What a great Twilight card! Love it!

Have you checked out TwilightTuesday.com?

Connie M. said...

This is beautiful, Kathy...I have not read any of the Twilight books, but still think your card is wonderful!! :)

Edna Morrisedie said...

What.... all of a sudden this colour combo is not for Essendon? Nice work my friend, like the treatment of the sentiment...

Michele Kovack said...

LOVE, LOVE, Love this!!!!!

Jane Wetzel said...

very cool Kathy..wow...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails