Monday, July 20, 2009

FS128 Sympathy

This week's Featured Stamper at SCS is Minnidr - Congratulations to Diane!!! I didn't get very far into her gallery when I decided I was going to case her Birthday Wishes card. I've changed the colours and theme but kept the overall feel of her card. I needed to make a sympathy card and felt that this layout would be perfect. Sadly I found out yesterday that a friend of the family (and father-in-law of my cousin) passed away after a long battle with a brain tumour.

I started with a base of Very Vanilla and then punched the edge with my new EK Success Fleur de Lis punch and then added a strip of Black Bazzill underneath the punched edge. I took another piece of black bazzill and layered it with some DCWV La Creme paper and added some black satin ribbon across the bottom. I made the bow using my brand new Bow-Easy. (I can't tell you how impressed I am with that find!!) Next I took the sentiment from JustRite's brand new July Release set, Thinking Of You and stamped it in black on Very Vanilla and cut it out with scissors (I couldn't for the life of me get it inside the oval nesties so I gave in and cut it out). I then layered that on a black Label 4 Nestabilities die cut and popped it up on foam tape over the next size Label 4 cut out of Very Vanilla. Finally I added some 'Vintage' (provocraft) die cuts also in Very Vanilla and topped with a Black Kaisercraft Pearl on each one.

Stamps - Thinking of You (JustRite)
Paper - Very Vanilla, Black, DCWV La-Creme
Ink - Black
Accessories - EK Success Fleur de Lis punch, black satin ribbon, black Kaisercraft pearls, Vintage Die set (provocraft), Label 4 Nestabilities, Bow-Easy.


That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!! :)

16 comments:

Primitive Seasons said...

Exquisitely beautiful card!

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

Connie M. said...

This is just stunning, Kathy!! WOW! A black and cream beauty!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Kathy! Very calming and elegant! Love the black and cream! Sorry about your friend!
hugs,
Chris

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Lovely card, love the black & white!

Beth Norman said...

Very, very pretty. I really like those cuttlebug decorative corners. Used to have them but someone permanently borrowed it.

Lovely Linda said...

Gorgeous and elegant wrapped up into one - a slight touch of vintage even - fabulous card Kathy, love the black and creme!! Your Nesties are perfect for this and 'way to go' with cutting the oval - amazing!! I am sorry to hear about your friend!! God bless you Kathy!

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful Card Kathy! I hope it brings comfort to the family of your friend.

Edna Morrisedie said...

I've been playing with this paper myself lately, nice job, looks great, love the black and cream together and the oval sentiment is nice too!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply gorgeous - Kathy!!! I love black and white cards!!!! Hugs ~S~

Michelle Woerner said...

Absolutely stunning. All the little details are just perfect. Sorry for your cousin. Loss is never easy. Hugs to you my friend,

Renee said...

Beautiful!

Grace said...

Kathy it's gorgeous!!! I just love the black and cream and that sentiment is perfect!!! Your work with JustRite is incredible!!! Love the punched edge... sorry you need a sympathy card but this one is a beauty that will be cherished!

Deborah Saaranen said...

So elegant in the b & w, Kathy! Gorgeous!

June Houck said...

Oh, Kathy, this is elegant and gorgeous! Every detail is perfect; the fancy corners, border punch, papers...lovely :)

Betty Wright said...

Kathy, this is just so striking and beautifully done!!! Wonderful card!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful and elegant at the same time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails