Friday, July 17, 2009

JustRite Blog Hop!!!!!

Welcome to the July JustRite Blog Hop!!!!! Today I'm excited to show you a sneak peek of the upcoming release of Christmas Treasures which will be available for purchase in August. This is a gorgeous 4 Border, 4 Centers set which fits the 3 1/4 inch circle stamper. I chose this beautiful cardinal, holly and birdhouse centre with the holly and sentiment border. As soon as I saw this border I knew I had to use it. My Mum loves that Christmas Carol and I thought of her straightaway - it brings back a lot of wonderful Christmas memories. I was also inspired by this week's Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge - I thought it would be perfect for what I wanted to make!

I started with a base of Very Vanilla and layered with Chocolate Chip. I then cut three strips of Basic Grey Wassail paper and matted it with Ruby Red and added that to the Chocolate Chip layer. For the main panel I stamped the Christmas Treasures border and centre in Chocolate Chip twice and cut the centre out of one with the Large Circle Nestabilities and coloured it with markers and a blender pen. Then I used the mat pack and paper piercer to pierce the edge of the centre layer and popped it up on foam tape. Then I cut out the border with the larger Circle Nestabilities from the same pack and coloured the holly with markers and attached to a Ruby Red layer that had been cut with the Label 3 die set. I finished off by adding some Latte Kaisercraft pearls to the corners and red satin ribbon to the top left and bottom right card corners. The bow was made using the Bow-Easy....which I tell you is REALLY easy to do and the bow is perfect!!! :)

Don't forget to stop by the other girls on today's blog hop and see what beautiful creations they have to show you of the new releases......

Barb Schram
Becca Feeken
Debbie Olson
Heidi Blankenship
Kathy Jones (me!)
Kellie Fortin
Lauren Meader
Lisa Somerville
Michele Kovack
Michelle Wooderson
Sharon Harnist
Sharon Johnson
Taylor Van Bruggen
JustRite Blog

AND, we're having another Blog Hop on August 17th to show off all the fabulous Christmas stamps that will be released that month!!!! You should see all the beautiful designs that will be JustRite for this year's Christmas cards!!

Stamps - Christmas Treasures (JustRite)
Paper - Very Vanilla, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Basic Grey Wassail DSP
Ink - Chocolate Chip
Accessories - Markers (Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip), Blender Pen, Circle Nestabilities, Label 3 Nestabilities, Latte Kaisercraft Pearls, Red Satin Ribbon.

Sorry it's been a long time between posts this week it's been a busy week with the kids back to school after the Winter Holidays! Thanks for visiting and enjoy the hop!!! :)

20 comments:

Danni said...

What a gorgeous card! Love this! Really like how it all matches so perfectly! Just gorgeous!

Connie M. said...

Oh, Kathy!! I love it! The layered image/sentiment is just beautiful!!

lisa808 said...

Great sneak peak. Can't wait for next month to see the rest of the set.

LaurieF said...

What a lovely Christmas card Kathy. Love the circular sentiment with the image on the inside. So pretty!

Michele Kovack said...

This is beautiful Kathy! Love the soft muted colors.... : )

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Kathy this is such a beauty! Love that stamp!

A Consuming Passion said...

Hi Kathy, your card is as always beautiful!
This set looks like another for my wish list.
Colleen emailed my sets are headed my way so I'm excited!!

kathy s said...

Can never have too many Christmas stamps- and they always are so elegant loved your project - kathy s

joy said...

Love the little red bird. My mom would love to receive this on a card!

Sharon Harnist said...

I love this image, too, Kathy -- your card is beautiful!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Kathy, your card is Beautiful! Wonderful job on the coloring and I love the DP you used! This is going to be a fun set for Christmas cards.

Grace said...

Oh Kathy... what a beautiful peek and thanks to you, this set is a must have on my list!!! Gorgeous!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

So gorgeous -- I love the red -- just beautiful!

Edna Morrisedie said...

This is really nice Kathy, like how it is Christmas without being too OTT or tacky... and of course I can hear your mother singing... and of course I love the Bird!! Nice use of the sketch too..

PS.. my word verification was moses, how strange!

Lovely Linda said...

Gorgeous card Kathy 0 nice to see something on your Blog - I was getting a bit worried about you!! Love this Christmas card - true to your usual classy style...love the festive feel here Kathy!! Our kids are back this Monday - a change of pace I am not sure I am ready for!! LOL!! God bless you Kathy! LOL!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Sure makes for a beautiful Christmas card - great sketch too!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

I love your card, and maybe if I show it to my husband who is a cardinal nut, he'll get me this set!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card! Love the design and your little bird scene! Makes me think of winter here though and I am not ready for that yet!!!

I left you something on my blog!

Have a great weekend!

Denise Marzec said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

This is so beautiful, Kathy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails