Saturday, July 18, 2009

SC237 Thinking of Daisies

I have FINALLY gotten around to making a card for this week's Sketch Challenge on SCS! This is a bit of a change for me, since I don't normally use images that require so much colouring (mostly because my colouring really isn't that good!!) but I just LOVE this sweet Daisy image by Sugar Nellie and I was so very blessed that Sharon sent me some to play with!! Thanks so much Sharon they are just adorable!! I also couldn't have done it without my bestie Pam who sent me these little clear dew drops and the 'Thoughts and Prayers' stamp set that I've used for the sentiment!

I started with a base of purple bazzill and then created the next layer of white, punched with the MS Doiley edge punch and topped with some Basic Grey Wisteria DSP. Then I ran some purple satin ribbon down one side and knotted it at the bottom. The horizontal layer is some more Wisteria DSP matted with white and the dew drops added to the sides. The main panel is the adorable 'Daisy' image from Sugar Nellie that was coloured with markers and a blender pen and then cut out and popped up on a rectangle cut with the Deckled Rectangle Nestabilities! (Yes, I know - half way through cutting I realised it was an insane thing to do!!) I finished off by adding the sentiment from SU's 'Thoughts and Prayers' in Chocolate Chip.

Stamps - Daisy (Sugar Nellie), Thoughts and Prayers (SU)

Paper - Purple Bazzill, White, Wisteria DSP

Ink - Black, Chocolate Chip

Accessories - Markers, blender pen, purple satin ribbon, dew drops, Large Deckled Rectangle Nestabilities, scissors (lots of cutting!), foam tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!! :)

7 comments:

Edna Morrisedie said...

Looks great, I like your use of Daisy, she is rather lovely isn't she... like the border and dew drops treatment too, nice job!

Denise Marzec said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Love the lace border on both sides and the dew drops!

A Consuming Passion said...

She's gorgeous Kathy - I love that you cut her out too !

Carolyn King said...

so vintage and beautiful....great job!

Angella D. Crockett said...

So adorable! Love it!

Grace said...

Kathy this is sooo cute! Love the papers you used and Love this sweet image! Though my usual style is more simple elegance, I reall do love these cute images too! You colored her great!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh my goodness... if she is not the sweetest thing.... How darling!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails