Friday, July 10, 2009

Multi Challenge Card and the Last Peek!

I can't believe it is my last day blogging over at JustRite!! I hope you've enjoyed popping over and seeing my projects there - I've had a ball playing with the JR products!!! I also really appreciate the comments and support from everyone this week, here on my blog and all those over at JustRite - I've read all of them!!!

Today's project was lots of fun to make and I had fun with colour! I also got to play with the brand new release 'Friendship Set' which is shipping now!!! What are you waiting for?? Hop on over and check it out at JustRite!!!
Tonight I've also had a chance to sit down and play and decided to combine three challenges!!! (What was I thinking???) They are the --- Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge (to cut out and pop up) and the Flutterby Wednesday Challenge (to use buttons and bow/ribbon and a butterfly or fairy).

I started with a base of pale pink bazzill, layered with Mellow Moss and white (pierced) and some Madeline DSP. The next layer is white layered with Mellow Moss that has been stamped using the Amazing Grace Hymn (from Our Daily Bread Designs) in Mellow Moss. For the sketch there were meant to be 5 ribbon tags down the side, but I decided to cross them and make a stitching pattern there with some very fine white ric rak finishing with a button. The main panel has been cut out using the Label 4 dies and the dogwood flowers are from Grow in Grace by Our Daily Bread Designs. I've coloured them with markers and cut them out with scissors and a scalpel and popped them up. The verse is from the Grow in Grace set in Mellow Moss and cut it out using the Ribbon Tags Trio die set and attached with pale pink satin ribbon. Finally I added some Snow Kaisercraft pearls to the verse panel, added some Martha Stewart Butterflies with pearl bodies and a couple more pearls to the top corners of the Hymn panel.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!

21 comments:

Danni said...

Gorgeous!! Simply gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with my Flutter By Challenge!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Very pretty - love your background paper and your oh so neat piercing!!

Connie M. said...

So beautiful, Kathy! You did a fantasic job with all THREE challenges! Wonderful!!

Carolyn said...

Beautiful card. Always a great job from you.

Thank you so much for playing with us this week at the MMSC. Hope you will play again next week.

Carolyn, MMDT member
http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

Lovely Linda said...

WOw - way to go with three challenges - now you're getting there!! LOL!! Love this card - that set is fabulous!! Great colours and love your ribbon treatment!! Well done Kathy - you 'ROCK' with this card!! God bless you! {{{HUGS}}}

Ann said...

SO pretty! I love the soft colors, the butterflies, and the pearls!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Hello there, have you gone insane? I like the main panel with the cut flowers (of course), nice job!

Jane Wetzel said...

Kathy, very very classy looking! I love this!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Aha, our last weeks winner - Kathy! Your still Rockin' with great cards! Ditto on now elegant it is, very nice and thank you for sharing that with all of us.

Jane MMDT member

Priscilla said...

Hello dear :) it is another gorgeous one !!! This one is truly beautiful. Thanks for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenges.

p.s. check out the BLOG CANDY I just posted :)

Priscilla :)

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Another beautiful card, Kathy! It's so fun to see how and Sandee of ODBD use similar designs to create different cards :) Thanks for playing this week, xox ~Jeni

Grace said...

Kathy great jobs on all the JR peeks! I enjoyed all your work!!! Great new sets! I love what you did with this ODBD set! Great to get three challenges in there! Love how you worked the sketch! Congrats on last weeks honor btw! Hugs!

Kelly said...

What a great card for the MMSC#9. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talents

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Another beauty!

Silke Ledlow said...

Kathy - this card is soooo beautiful!!!! Perfect take on all three challenges :)!!! You rock!!! Hugs ~S~

Denise Marzec said...

Oh beautiful!! I love how you paired the music stamp with the floral stamp!! Awesome!

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful! I love the combination of images. You did a fantastic job at JustRite this week...your projects were awesome!

Michele Kovack said...

Loved all of your projects this past week! This card is gorgeous!!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Woo hoo Kathy!! Way to combine those challenges!!! This is awesome!! Love the butterflies (of course!)and the combo of the Amazing Grace Hymn and dogwood flowers. I missed your Just Rite posts this week but will have to go back and check them out! I am sure they are gorgeous!!
hugs,
Chris

Betty Wright said...

Love the peek, and the ODBD card is gorgeous!!! Great colors, background stamping, and cut work detailing!!! Lovely work!!!! Blessings to you and yours, Kathy!!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

I love how you combined so many elements together....just gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails