Saturday, July 25, 2009

DTGD09 Sketchy Textured Wings...

It's another Dare to Get Dirty card!!! If you're a Fan Club Member you can join in all the fun by checking out the forum HERE!! I've combined three challenges in this card, Deb's, Cindy's and Bonnie's!! It would also qualify for Becca's again too!

I started with a base of Very Vanilla and layered with some Mulberry Bazzill. The four squares are the new Basic Grey Lemonade DSP matted with Very Vanilla and zig zag stitched around each square. The main panel is the largest butterfly from Inkadinkado's Gem Stone Insects that has been stamped in Rose Red ink on VV card and popped up with foam tape. Underneath that is some more VV that's been embossed with the Floral Screen embossing folder, matted with some Teal Bazzill and more VV. I've cut them using the small, large and large scalloped circle nestabilities. I finished off by adding the birthday sentiment from 'Elegant Cheer' (SU) in Chocolate Chip ink and some Aquamarine Kaisercraft rhinestones that my wonderful friend Michelle (aka sf9erfan) sent me!!! :) Thanks so much Michelle (it's also thanks to you that I couldn't resist this Lemonade paper)!!!

Stamps - Gem Stone Insects (Inkadinkado), Elegant Cheer (SU)

Paper - Very Vanilla, Mulberry Bazzill, Teal coloured Bazzill (Lagoon??), Basic Grey Lemonade DSP

Ink - Rose Red, Chocolate Chip

Accessories - Sewing Machine, Aquamarine rhinestones, Small Circle Nestabilities, Large Circle Nestabilities, Large Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, Floral Screen EF, foam tape, scissors.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!! :)

9 comments:

June Houck said...

Yumm-o!!! This is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

The BG Lemonade looks different and totally fab with the SU & Bazzill. I love the stitching. I sew (I had to say it!) want to do this on my cards, but I do not own a sewing machine.

The floral screen e.f. adds to the elegance of your card(I have this folder, but it is still a virgin).

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Can you tell I LOVE this card?!

Cat said...

A beautifully detailed card Kathy. I love the DP that you chose and the butterfly with the embossed nestabilities looks really effective. Gorgeous!:)

Denise Marzec said...

OH WOWWWWWW, what an eye-catching card!! Love the pretty butterfly and I'm thinkin' I totally NEEEEED that Basic Grey Lemonade paper now! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Fantastic Kathy! I saw this on SCS... WHOHOO.. Loven the blog... Gotta follow it now... hee hee

Michelle Woerner said...

SOOOOO pretty! Love that sheet of Lemonade, I CAN'T bear to cut into it!! Ahhh, I will live vicariously thru you and your card -LOL! Those blings look fabu on that card btw! Hugs,

Edna Morrisedie said...

Nice job, the squares and stitching are nicely done, love the 'fly of course!

Grace said...

Oh Kathy this is beyond gorgeous! Love the layout... the gorgeous new dp and that butterfly! Awesome card!

Marg said...

Fabulous card Kathy! I have a thing for dragonflies at the moment, but butterflies are good too!

Linda Beeson said...

I so love this card! I love the colors and that butterfly is just plain amazing! I need to find that stamp.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails