Monday, July 27, 2009

DTGD09 Got the Blues

Today's card is FIVE challenges combined!!! I'm running out of time to complete all the Dare to Get Dirty challenges, so I've combined Betty's, Laurie's, Jami's, Carolina's and Deb's!!!! The title of the post is taken from Jami's Blue challenge.

This post is also a bittersweet one as it is my last one for Our Daily Bread Designs as my Guest term finishes at the end of July. I have been truly blessed to have been able to create and share with this amazing group of women and I will miss each of them very much. Thank you so much to Kelley and Judy for inviting me into the Breadbasket, I've had a wonderful time and I'll never forget this time with you all! Thanks to all the girls and although I won't be part of the basket any more I will certainly be frequenting your blogs!!!

I started with a base of light blue bazzill and layered with a darker shade of blue. The top layer is Very Vanilla that I've stamped using Amazing Grace Hymn in Sky Blue versacolor. Then I sponged all the edges with the ODBD Steel Blue Ink pad. I then attached some blue 1 inch satin ribbon across the bottom and layered it with this yummy blue braid that I found at Bee Crafty in Maryborough. To one side I added the large blue satin bow that I made with my new Bow Easy (in case you haven't read any of my recent posts......I LOVE THIS TOOL!!!) :) Next I stamped the sentiment from Grow in Grace in Steel Blue and cut it out with the Large Octogon Nestabilities and matted it with the Large Scalloped Octogon Nestabilities. I pierced around the edge with a paper piercer and mat pack and added some Baby Blue Kaisercraft flowers and some Denium Kaisercraft pearls in the centres. I finished off by adding a few more denium pearls to the top left corner.

Well that's now eleven of the twenty-four challenges done......thirteen to go!!! :) Thanks for visiting!!!!

9 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Great Card Kathy!! How good are you combining all those challenges!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, Kathy, you ROCKED the blue thing.....SUCH a gorgeous card!! Love EVERYTHING about this card!

Lovely Linda said...

Oh my giddy aunt - Kathy what are you doing to me - you SPONGED on your card - I am still trying to recover from the shock - heading towards viintage my friend!!! LOL! Love this card Kathy, the colours are gorgeous - another Kathy 'work of art!' Fabulous my friend!! You have been such an asset to ODB - God bless you my friend!! {{{hugs}}}

Edna Morrisedie said...

Got the Blues, that's an understatement, nice balance across the card, imagine what a dash of pink could have done :-}

June Houck said...

Beautiful! Five challenges in one? Amazing. This card is really stunning :)

Ann said...

Wow!!!! This is absolutely gorgeous!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This blue card is absolutely stunning Kathy!! Love your layout and that gorgeous bow!!

I love all your creations. You are such a sweetheart. I am so going to miss you in August at the breadbasket!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Kathy this is just another gorgeous creation from you! I have loved getting to know you! You are so sweet and so extremely talented! I will miss you on in the bread basket but I will check up on you often! Please keep in touch!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! I love the octagon shape and your ribbon bow is fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails