Friday, July 3, 2009

JustRite for Colleen...

Today's card has been made using the BEAUTIFUL new set by JustRite called Thinking of You which comes with 6 borders and centres (not the wooden stamper). This set will be available for sale from July 7!!!

As soon as I saw this set I knew this was the stamp that I was going to use for Colleen. Colleen is a very dear friend of my mother's who is in final stages of Mesothelioma who was once a keen cardmaker and lover of all papercrafts. When Mum told her I'd been asked to join the JustRite DT she was so happy for me that I wanted to make her something using the JustRite range.
I started with a base of light purple bazzill and layered with a darker shade (that I'd pierced to the punched edge) and some Basic Grey Wisteria paper that I'd punched with the EK success Fleur de Lis border punch. Then down the lefthand side I placed some white 1" satin ribbon and topped with some light purple 1/2" satin ribbon knotting it at the bottom end. I used the Thinking of You set to stamp the main panel twice, firstly in Old Olive and secondly in Black. The centre was coloured with markers and cut out with my Large Oval Nestabilities (although I've discovered that the Small versions would work better - but mine are on order!). The bottom part was cut out with the same oval nestabilties and matted with some light purple bazzill cut with the Scalloped Large Oval Nestabilties. The whole panel was popped up with Foam Tape and the centre panel popped up on thin demensionals. Finished off with a few Snow Kaisercraft pearls in the corners.

Stamps - Thinking of You Set (JustRite)
Paper - Purple Bazzill (2 shades), Basic Grey Wisteria DSP
Ink - Black, Old Olive, Perfect Plum (SU), Sunflower (ODBD)
Accessories - Lg Oval Nesties, Lg Oval Scalloped Nesties, white 1" satin ribbon, purple 1/2" satin ribbon, Fleur de Lis border punch, white pearls, foam tape, dimensionals, paper piercer and mat pack.

The other DT girls have been making beautiful projects with the new releases so don't forget to stop by their blogs as well!!!! (Links on the Lefthand sidebar or at the JustRite Blog!)

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!! :)

12 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Beautiful card Kathy and even moreso because of the love that you have made it with! Gorgeous set of stamps - love the colours you have used, and the border punches. I am sure that Colleen will be blessed when she gets it! Have a great weekend my friend - I am sure it is warmer where you are!! LOL! God bless you!

A Consuming Passion said...

This is such a pretty card Kathy - all your cards are pretty though so that's nothing new! I love the ribbon treatment and the addition of the pearls top and bottom. I'm sure Colleen will love it.

Danni said...

Oh my goodness! this is simply beautiful! wow!! Love the colors and well all of it...wonderful job!

June Houck said...

G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!! Stunning, beautiful, elegant...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card.. Love the colors and the details you posted. I went to the Just Rite Stampers site and couldn't find these stamps there. Where can these be ordered? Would love to have a set. Thank you for sharing..

Jessie said...

What a beautiful card. Colleen will love it.

Edna Morrisedie said...

As you already know I think this set will be a winner, great images and like the ovals.... like your card, nice to see some off centre work, colours are great too!

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhhhhh, I LOVE this set!! I just got to play with it today too to make a couple cards for an upcoming SD project...didn't think to use my Wisteria DP, but my cards are purple!! :)

Beautiful, Kathy! Totally beautiful!!

Grace said...

OMgoodness Kathy this is beyond beautiful! My jaw is on the floor! These are such pretty colors!!! This whole set is beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing this with us...it's soooo pretty!

PaperTree Designs said...

I just wanted to stop by and say how much I love your cards. Amazing little creations!

Here is my blog if you want to pop by for a visit...

Hugs
Deb

http://www.papertreedesign.blogspot.com/

Ann said...

Ooooh, stunning! I love the lavender and pearls!!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Girl, you are kickin' butt and takin' names!!! These new sets are awesome! Your work is making me window shop for more "stuff" when I told myself it wasn't allowed!!! lol!! God Bless!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails