Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Quick Birthday Card!

What do you do when you find out the night before that your child has a party to go to the next afternoon? Hurry! I found out Friday night that my son was invited to a party Saturday at 2pm, no present, no card and swimming lessons in the morning! I finished this card one and a half hours before the party started!!
I started with some yellow cardstock that I found lurking in my scrap box and topped it with some white (that I meant to paper pierce, but I must have been freaking out about the time) and then topped it again with some pink bazzill that I put through the cuttlebug with the Stylized Flower embossing folder. Then I added some of this super cute 'Urban Prairie' butterfly paper by Basic Grey that I found at Scrapbook City and covered the join with some wide white grosgrain ribbon and then tied some pretty sheer flower ribbon over the top. Now I didn't have a lot of time to stamp and colour, so I got out my wonderful Just Rite products (that can be found at The Little Online Card Shop )using the 1 5/8 stamper and the Small Letter set for the outer ring to stamp 'Happy Birthday Jaime' and the Special Occasions Font Set for the '7' in the centre. I used a 1 1/4in circle punch to cut out the 7 and pop it up on pop dots. The bigger circle was cut with the circle nestabilites (can be found at Bizzy Becs )and then used the scallop circle nestabilites for the pink scallop circle underneath. It was a very quick card, but I think it is pretty for a 7yr old girl!! :)
That's all for today, thanks for visiting!! :)

4 comments:

Edna Morrisedie said...

Noice, very noice... like the paper with the 'flys too....

Amy Sheffer said...

Ooooo, love this! So sweet! (Perfect for a 40-year-old girl, too)

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh Kathy! This is lovely -I love the ribbon, a perfect match for the Urban Prairie (which is my current FAV BG)!!

Leigh said...

Kathy, this is just so pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails