Thursday, October 28, 2010

SC304 Understanding

Hello Everyone!!!  Well it's been a busy week for me, but I finally got the chance to play today and was inspired by this week's SCS Sketch Challenge!  What a fab layout to play with!!!  :)  I used ODBD's Pray set - so many I know are going through difficult times right now and I thought this sentiment was perfect for a card.

I started with a base of Old Olive and layered with white and some Basic Grey Capella DP.  The middle panel is more white punched on both sides with the MS Deco Fan punch (*sigh*, I just love this punch) and topped with some more Capella DP.  Across the middle I added some May Arts Olive ribbon.  The sentiment is from ODBD's Pray set and has been stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and cut with Large Oval Nestabilties and matted with Chocolate Chip cut with the matching scallop and popped up on foam tape.  To finish I added a few Chocolate Pearls in each of the corners. I tried to keep it fairly flat since I'm planning on sending this one overseas.

Stamps - Pray (ODBD)
Paper - Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, White, Basic Grey Capella DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Large Oval and Scallop Oval Nestabilities, MS Deco Fan Border Punch, May Arts Satin Ribbon, Kaisercraft Chocolate Pearls, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

12 comments:

Edna Morrisedie said...

I like the depth of the greens goes well with the sentiment!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my word, Kathy, this is breathtaking!!! Love that Cappella paper with that yummolicious ribbon and awesome center panel...pure gorgeousness!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Renkata said...

wow Kathy , that is so elegant and precious.
Love the words on the sentiment.

Marisa said...

Oh happy, happy, joy, joy :) What a gorgeous green card!! My favorite colour and the sentiment is fabulously true. Love the white trim you added. 100% my type of card :) Hope all is well with you (((hugs)))

Danni said...

Very elegant and pretty!

Kerrie said...

Oh you do inspire me.... this card is so elegent.

A Consuming Passion said...

Another beauty Kathy! Love the greens!

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty Kathy!

Grace said...

Oh Kathy this is soooo gorgeous! LOVE this paper!!! Beautiful layout!

Anonymous said...

Just lovely! And I love the sentiment!

Sammi said...

I LOVE this card!! I love that sentiment too .. hits me at the heart just now! THANKS!
Sammi
xx

Leigh said...

Gorgeous card, love those greens. Beautiful sentiment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails