Monday, September 19, 2011

Inspired Daffodils

Hello Everyone!!!  Today's card is a quick one I whipped up for this week's Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoast.  I saw this darling daffodil cupckake with blue icing and it became the one that inspired this card!!  :)

I've used a base of blue bazzill and layered with white (pierced) and some Thrift Shop DP (with sewing, can you believe it!).  Next more white punched with Lattice Arch Punch and layered with more Thrift Shop DP.  Across this I've added some seam binding and made a bow topped with a button.  The image is from Flourishes' A Year In Flowers 1 and has been stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Copics (Y21, Y35, Y38, YG11, YG13, YG17, BG0000).  It's been cut out with Large Circle Nestabilities and matted with blue cut with Lacey Circle Nestabilities and popped up on foam tape.

Stamps - A Year in Flowers 1 (Flourishes) 
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Blue Bazzill, White, OA Thrift Shop DP 
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Large Circle and Lacey Circle Nestabilities, Seam Binding, Paper Piercer and Mat Pack, Sewing Machine, Button, Foam Tape. 

That's all for now, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!!  :)  

7 comments:

Leigh said...

Pretty card Kathy. I love daffodils. Gorgeous colouring.

Marisa said...

Great colour combo and your colouring is fabulous! Such a wonderful flower which brings spring with it.

Cheryl said...

Oh my gosh, this is beautiful! Those daffodils are absolutley gorgeous!!! Pretty bow, too.

Renee said...

Oh my goodness this is absolutely gorgeous!

Edna Morrisedie said...

The daffs look lovely, all spring-ish and all! I like the yellow panel and the puffy bow too!

Susan (rainy) said...

Beautiful coloring!! I just love the mix of blue in your color scheme. Gorgeous card!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful, Kathy! As always your detailed coloring makes me *sigh*! Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails