IT'S A SURPRISE PARTY!!! Grab a handful of confetti, a bright balloon and come along for a fun birthday blog hop to celebrate a special birthday for our dear friend, Christine Okken! One thing about birthdays, is that you always hope to spend time with those you care about and that's why we're here! At Flourishes, we're just one big family... so we just wanted to celebrate a wonderful day with one of our loved ones.
Even though we're a day early, we'd like to say...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTINE!
Join along with members of the Flourishes family today and share some fabulous birthday inspirations, many happy celebratory birthday wishes and maybe even a slice of cyber cake.
I've used two Flourishes sets for my card today - Garden Gate and Inside and Out Hello! I've used a base of cream card and layered with teal card cut with Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles. The next two layers have also been cut with Resplendent Rectangles using more cream and some subtle DP. I've used my Silhouette Cameo and cut a piece of blending card using the Garden Gate Silhouette Cut File. I've then stamped the floral image from Garden Gate in Memento Tuxedo Black (it's easier to do while the cut out is still on the Silhouette sticky mat) and then coloured it with Copic Markers using The Pistachio Collection, The Candy Pink Collection and The Sunflower Collection. I've popped it up on foam tape and stamped the sentiment from Inside and Out Hello as shown.
Stamps - Garden Gate, Inside and Out Hello (Flourishes)
Paper - Blending Card, Cream, Teal, DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles, Foam Tape.
In honour of Christine's birthday celebration, we're giving away a special birthday present or two of our own! Hidden among the Design Team's blogs today is a Mystery Blogger. Comment on her blog and you could be chosen as one of our birthday prize winners! The more you comment, the better your chances of winning.
As well as one lucky commenter, we're having a birthday challenge too!
THE OFFICIAL RULES:
- Simply create a NEW birthday themed card or project.
- Entries need to be in by Friday November 1st at 6 PM EST.
- Those entries using Flourishes stamps will be counted for 2 prize ballots!
- You must link your creation in our InLinkz Widgit to be counted.
- You must have a link to our challenge in your blog post or gallery post. Please feel free to use our Birthday Graphic too!
- If you upload to SCS please use the keyword FLLCWISH
- We'll announce the winners on Saturday on the Flourishes blog on Saturday November 2nd, so check back then to find out if you are a winner!
Hop along with our Flourishes family today. Don't forget to leave some love for our fabulous designers today for a chance to win...
Don't forget to stop by Christine's blog, HERE, and send her some birthday wishes too!