Helloooooooo Everyone!!! It's World Card Making Day and there is fun to be had over at the Power Poppy Blog! There are challenges every couple of hours (so keep checking back) and PRIZES to be won!!! WOOHOO!!!
I'm hosting the SECOND challenge (haven't seen the first yet? Make sure you pop on over to Power Poppy - don't want to miss a challenge right!!) which is Spring Forward, Fall Back! The code for this challenge if you post to an outside gallery (like Splitcoaststampers) is PPWCMD02!
We are celebrating World Cardmaking Day and as we reside in places far and near we thought that we would also celebrate the seasons in our homelands! As an Australian, we are now in Spring! The earth is warming, kids are in pools swimming, flowers are blooming and the bees are buzzing! However, you may be moving into the season of Autumn/Fall, adding a few layers, indulging in hot cocoa and coffee and watching the leaves turn in a myriad of colours. Today we challenge you to Spring Forward or Fall Back, create a Spring card or a Fall themed card and play along with us!
I have used the Countryside Bouquet Digi Stamp for my flowers and coloured them with Copics and the sentiment from Countryside Bouquet Deluxe Clear Set!
I've started with a base of pink bazzill, layered with white and So Saffron and some Summer Breeze DP. The next panel is white punched top and bottom with Deco Fan Border Punch and topped with more Summer Breeze DP. Around this I've added white and pink ribbons. I've printed the digi image onto X-press It Blending Card, coloured with Copics (a lot of Copics!) and cut with Circle Nestabilities and matted with So Saffron cut with Lacey Circles and popped it up on X-press It Foam Tape. The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and cut with an oval punch, glued into place and topped with a pink enamel dot. To finish I've added a couple of clear rhinestones to the top corner and a bow to the ribbon!
So what now????
- Check the Power Poppy Blog through the day
- Play in all four for a chance at a GRAND PRIZE
- Winners of individual challenges will receive their pick of a stamp set or 3 digi downloads in the Power Poppy Shop!
- Enter as many times as you like!
- Use Power Poppy Stamps if you have them but if you don't -- now is your chance to win some!
- Link your creations on the linky tied to the Power Poppy Challenge Post
- Use the keywords mentioned for each challenge if you load your cards to an outside gallery!
- Mention Power Poppy in YOUR blog post with a link back to the challenge!
- Deadline to enter will be next Friday at 3PM EST with the winners announced right here on Saturday, October 11th.Winners will be randomly picked!
- GET READY TO HAVE SOME FUN!